Salary: $14.50 /hour
Job Overview: Inspector
As an Inspector, you will primarily be responsible for identifying quality defects and/or concerns as well as recognition and identification of a variety of heavy duty differentials or transmissions and their components.
Job Responsibilities: Inspector
- Proper recognition and identification of all differential/transmission parts
- Proper recognition, identification and usage of tools needed to inspect differentials/transmissions and their components.
- Proper recognition of defects on gears
- Disposal of defective gears into the proper bin.
- Operation of Magnaflux Machine (if applicable)
- Ability to manage and maintain daily production goals
- Identify quality concerns and address them with the Team Lead or Facilitator
- Communicating with members of the production team
- Maintaining 5s and general housekeeping in work areas
- Operating in a safe manner at all times
- Managing daily preventative maintenance on all machinery and documenting accordingly.
- Perform any other tasks which may be assigned by the Supervisor or Team Lead
Required Skills: Inspector
- Knowledge of basic shop procedures and ability to properly use shop tools
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English
- Ability to disassemble and assemble various components under supervision
- Ability to properly use equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Quality Inspection experience preferred but not required
Functional Abilities: Inspector
- Lifting and carrying parts ranging from one (1) ounce to seventy-five (75) pounds up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Grasping and moving parts of various sizes up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Walking and standing for eight (8) hours per day.
- Moving items four (4) feet from waist height.
- Repeated bending, twisting, stopping one (1) to four (4) hours per day.
- Identifying parts, reading instructions, entering data and completing appropriate forms.