Salary: $19.00 to $21.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced and detail-oriented Finance Assistant located downtown Indianapolis! This will be a temp-to-hire position starting immediately!
- Position: Finance Assistant
- Location: Downtown Indianapolis
- Pay: Starting at $19-21/hr
Finance Assistant: Job Summary
Pro Talent Group is seeking an energetic, organized, and resourceful Finance Assistant who will handle front-office reception duties and bookkeeping responsibilities. This will be a hybrid role where you will be the “go-to” person for administrative tasks, managing the front-office reception area, conference room scheduling, and will also perform bookkeeping duties, such as coding, classifying, recording, posting, and processing day-to-day transactions, as well as ensuring accurate and timely financials and reporting for the company.
Finance Assistant: Job Responsibilities
- Warmly greet guests and inform employees of their arrival;
- Manage the shared-room calendars and ensure conference rooms are clean and presentable;
- Schedule meetings, arrange conference calls, book travel arrangements, and coordinate other engagements for the management team;
- Work with all departments across the company and assist when needed;
- Assist with ordering and restocking cleaning, break room, and office supplies, as needed and within budget;
- Serve as the main point of contact for office issues with building management, cleaning company, and copier/printer matters;
- Answer telephones in a positive and friendly demeanor;
- Compile expense reports;
- Assist, as needed, with reports, presentations, or meeting materials;
- Perform copying, scanning, and document preparation;
- Initiate bill payments from accounting system as requested;
- Accept payments on accounts, prepare deposits, and post to customer profile;
- Sort and distribute all incoming mail and prepare and send all outgoing mail;
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems.
Finance Assistant: Essential Bookkeeping Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Records: Prepare and maintain financial records using QuickBooks accounting software, including proper classification and entry of A/R, A/P, and credit card transactions.
- Accounts Receivable: Prepare and issue invoices in billing software; coordinate with customers and third-party payment systems as required.
- Collections: Monitor and manage A/R Aging reports, process payments, and contact clients for past due balances as necessary.
- Accounts Payable: Review and validate all invoices before entering bills. Monitor and manage A/P Aging reports, including issuing vendor payments and corresponding with vendors as necessary.
- Inventories: Assist in monitoring inventory counts, coordinating with project teams, and matching records to the financials.
- Reconciliations: Maintain reconciled bank balances, including managing all cash transactions daily and preparing the daily reports.
- Credit Cards: Perform monthly reconciliations of all credit card accounts, including coding, classifying, and verifying approvals. Serve as the Manager for all corporate credit cards.
- Monthly and Annual closing entries: Enter approved month-end and year-end entries to assist in closing the books and records.
- Confidentiality: Handle confidential information discretely.
- Maintain professional working relationships and attitude.
- Ensure compliance with office procedures.
Finance Assistant: Experience & Qualifications
- 4+ years of Bookkeeping or Accounting experience;
- 2+ years Administrative experience in a fast-paced environment;
- QuickBooks experience or expertise is required;
- Excellent people and administrative skills – discretion and confidentiality is key;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, as well as the rest of the MS Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills;
- Demonstrate passion and ability to thrive in a fast-moving and exciting environment with patience and ease;
- Extreme attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple and ever-changing priorities in a fast & fluid environment;
- Ability to multitask, while maintaining a list the ensure all tasks get completed;
- Experience working with all levels of management, employees, vendors, and customers;
- A good sense of humor, cheerful disposition, can-do attitude, and professional demeanor;
- Self-starter with ability to identify needs, as well as potential solutions, and to adapt to change;
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus;
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
Finance Assistant: Education
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent job experience;
- Required language(s): Fluent English.