Salary: $12.00 /hour
Job Summary: Parking Lot Attendant
The Parking Lot Attendant is responsible for parking vehicles, taking payments for vehicles already parked, and directing patrons into open spots.Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform valet duties and park vehicles in open spots.
- Take tickets from waiting patrons and park or retrieve vehicles.
- Manipulate vehicles to take advantage of all spaces.
- Collect fees from patrons wishing to park in garage.
- Hold up signs advertising parking lot fees.
- Call tow trucks if person is parked illegally.
- Issue tags to customers to put up in their windshields for display.
- Clean up debris from parking lot.
- Use hand signals and lights to direct patrons into open spots.
- Check vehicles for damage.
- Ensure cameras are working properly in case an accident happens.
- Position or remove barricades to prevent parking in certain spots.
- Open doors and greet customers.
- Dispense change if person pays fee to park.
- Help customers locate their vehicles.
- Resolve parking lot disputes that occur between customers.
- Escort customers to their vehicles if needed.
- Help customers jump-start vehicles that have died.
- Call for cabs or tow trucks per clients’ request.
- Green-light motorists coming into garage after checking identification.
- Fill or change flat tires and replace batteries.
- Help patrons exit parking garage safely.
- Give directions to nearest highway or destination.