Salary: $25.00 to $26.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Press Setup Operator for a large client of ours on the north west side of Indianapolis. This is a Direct-Hire position!
- Position: Press Setup Operator
- Pay: $25-26/hr.
- Shift: 1st and 2nd available
- Location: north west side of Indianapolis
Job Summary: Press Setup Operator
Performs set-up and examines to verify conformance to specifications.
Job Responsibilities: Press Setup Operator
- Starts machine and examines to verify conformance to specifications;
- Performs set-up on presses and roll mills as required by changing out dies and rolls as needed to perform new jobs;
- Makes sure new die is lined up and performs operation to ensure press is operating per safety and quality standards and customer requirements;
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements;
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template;
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces;
- Troubleshoots machine operations when necessary and requests supervisors and/or group leaders call maintenance for problems that cannot be easily fixed;
- Lockout/Tagout machinery prior to any repairs being done;
- May be required to use a forklift.
Job Qualifications: Press Setup Operator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experienced/Environment: Press Setup Operator
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate ratio, and percent and to draw interpret bar graphs;
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations;
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.