Salary: $19.00 to $24.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Custodial Manager for a large client of ours near Downtown Indianapolis to start immediately!
- Position: Custodial Manager
- Shift: 1st
- Pay: $19-24/hr.
- Location: Just North West of Downtown Indianapolis
Job Overview: Custodial Manager
The Custodial manager will supervise duties of custodial services and interact with the other departments to facilitate scheduling and implementation of needs.
Essential Job Functions: Custodial Manager
- Work with departments to set up/implement scheduling of custodial staff for special event functions, etc
- The Custodial Manager will oversee training of custodial staff
- Handle administrative duties, including employee timekeeping and documentation
- Handle coaching and counseling for performance, attendance and other issues as appropriate, recognize staff for results
- Recruit staff to maintain a well-qualified and adequate workforce to cover department job duties
- Plan and organize job duties to effectively delegate tasks to cover all department needs
- Set up and maintain annual budget for purchasing supplies and custodial equipment and needs.
- Manage ten custodial staff members
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Attend weekly scheduling meetings with other Organizational staff to address needs for upcoming events
- Computer skills, Excel, Word and other related programs
- Weekend work required on occasion
Other duties may be assigned. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Custodial Manager
- High School diploma or GED required; One year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- Five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Computer skills, Excel, Word, and other museum related programs
- Ability to manage multiple shifts and people associated with those shifts