Salary: $24.00 to $30.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is looking for an experienced and dependable Maintenance Technician to undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of Industrial Production Equipment. This is an immediate temp-to-hire opportunity!
- Position: Maintenance Technician
- Location: Indianapolis, IN
- Pay: Starting at $24-30/hr
- Schedule: 6 pm to 6 am on a 3-2-2 rotating schedule
Summary: Maintenance Technician
Under the supervision of the Production Line Lead with guidance from the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the accurate completion of all maintenance requirements for the Production Lines to which he/she is assigned.
Essential Job Functions: Maintenance Technician
- Safety, demonstrated behaviors in support of company safety procedures with focus on zero injuries.
- Quality, demonstrates behaviors in support of quality work processes to include, Document & track production variables, downtime, product samples, and to ensure proper blending of raw materials by weight or automatic metering systems, follow and document accurately time and temperature points in recipe specifications to meet the quality standards.
- Continuous Improvement Actively support the Performance System-CPS. Experience in a High Performance Work Systems; 5’s, working in teams, problem solving, six sigma, TPM, training, continuous skills development-CSD, auditing, planned and/or autonomous maintenance-AM.
- Follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Receive additional training as needed to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Promptly at the start of the shift review the work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled and prepare for operations.
- Conduct Shift Turn over to coordinated line calls, review assigned maintenance tasks, pending equipment issues, provide assistance to Line operations and guide outside contractors if needed. Review any emergency and non- emergency situations and respond as required.
- Troubleshoot, rebuild, overhaul, repair, maintain, modify and install various types of electrical and production equipment, tools and machinery as required.
- Read and understand blueprints, drawing and plans, order parts and supplies for repairs.
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks, line changeovers, consult with other mechanics, operators, Leads and Supervisors and utilize maintenance software to ensure an efficient flow of production.
- Assist specialists with the repair, maintenance, rebuilding and installation of equipment and machinery in the facility.
- Assist all Trades with repairs, replacements, adjustments, modifications to equipment, machinery, wiring, piping etc. as directed.
Qualifications: Maintenance Technician
- Experience working in a production, manufacturing or distribution environment for 3+ months
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical degree in related field
- Experience working in a food processing or packaging environment
- Experience working in an automated machinery environment (with PLCs or MMIs)
- Experience work in a USDA, FDA, OSHA, or GMP compliant environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs
- Proficiency in SAP