Indianapolis, IN 46268
Salary: $36.50 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Industrial Refrigeration Supervisor for a large client of ours on the north west side of Indianapolis, IN to work a temp to hire position starting at $36.50/hr. This is a 6 pm to 6 am, M-F position.
Job Summary: Refrigeration Supervisor
Under the supervision of the Facilities/Utilities Leader, the Refrigeration Supervisor is responsible for the continuous improvement of mechanical equipment such as chillers, ammonia compressors, boilers, air compressors, generators, pumps, motors, decelerators; and provide utilities such as HVAC, steam, condensate, ammonia refrigeration, city water, hot and cold water, softened water, tower water, glycol, or power to the plant buildings and processes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: Refrigeration Supervisor
- Follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Working with and participation in implementing PSM
- Provide technical guidance for Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting, & Repair of plant systems:
- Ammonia and HVAC systems and associated equipment
- Chillers, Cold water and Glycol
- Condensers and Water towers
- Evaporators and Heat exchangers
- Compressors, Maintenance and Controls
- Water & Steam Boilers systems and associated equipment:
- Boiler chemistry
- Boiler Temperatures and Pressures
- Softeners Chemical Test and adjustments
- Electrical and Gas systems and associated equipment
- Gas and Electric HVAC (RTUs)
- Electrical Switch gear
- Fire Control systems and associated equipment
- Coaching and training for technicians. Provide input on team member performance and capabilities.
- Ensure equipment is performing effectively and efficiently.
- Actively support Performance System continuous improvement activities: i.e. 5S, Breakdown Analysis, etc.
- Establish and monitor programs for critical equipment analysis and condition monitoring techniques.
- Review deficiencies noted during corrective maintenance to identify trends. Identify and resolve repetitive mechanical failures to include modification and design of failed parts. Recommendation of improvements both electrical and mechanical either by new part sourcing or design.
- Provide technical guidance on use of CMMS (SAP)
- Maintains and advises on the use and disposition of stock items, surplus items, and rental equipment.
- Promotes equipment standardization.
- Develops standards for major maintenance overhauls and outages.
- Assists Engineering with cost-benefit reviews of the maintenance program.
- Responsible for analyzing equipment and operating data to ensure operation within design parameters.
- Represent the department in assuring facilities needs are met
- Receive additional training as needed to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Records data such as, temperatures of equipment, hours of operation, temperature and pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance.
- Completes all required paperwork on time.
- Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shutdown equipment.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication.
- Complete a visual safety check of the grounds/facility.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain the Ammonia Leak Detection, Fire Protection, and Fire Water Sprinkler Systems for the industrial and office complex.
- Requisition spare parts, materials, and supplies as required.
- Record Maintenance and Operations Activities.
- Perform other duties that the Team Leader or Coordinator might require.
- Work overtime as required to achieve production, sanitation and maintenance schedules.
- The ability to interact effectively and professionally with coworkers.
- The ability to perform all skills as outlined on the Skills Element Tree.
Job Qualifications: Refrigeration Supervisor
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Basic mechanical skills and knowledge of machinery
- Basic electrical, communication, math, and computer skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of continual ammonia maintenance experience
- Current certifications:
- RETA CARO
- RETA CIRO
- Willing to obtain and retain the following certifications within designated time-frame:
- Universal HVAC within 6 months
- Hazmat Emergency Responder designation within 12 months
- Hazmat Incident Commander within 24 months
- Boiler Operator Training and Ammonia Technician Level within 24 months
- PSM/RMP and RAGAGEP training within 36 months
- 7-10 years of continual ammonia maintenance experience
- Technical degree in related field or, along with CARO & CIRO, at least one of the following:
- Universal HVAC Certification
- Boiler Operator Training
- PSM/RMP Training
- RAGAGEP training
- Experience working in a food processing or packaging environment
- Experience working in an automated machinery environment (with PLCs or MMIs)
- Experience work in a USDA, FDA, OSHA, or GMP compliant environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs
- Proficiency in SAP