Salary: $16.75 to $17.00 /hour
To support Warehouse management in all warehouse activities including, but not limited to: shipping, receiving, cycle counts, pulling and staging production work orders. The Warehouse Clerk is responsible to ensure regulatory compliance of applicable regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Verifying merchandise
· FIFO picking, auditing, and staging work orders for production
· Updating warehouse tags, organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
· Operation of basic forklifts in the handling of products
· Load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner, recording all necessary paperwork.
· Receiving orders
· Moving materials and items from receiving inspection or storage areas to warehouse, shipping, or other designated areas
· Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or relocating orders to a holding area
· Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing and other miscellaneous tasks as needed
· Operate warehouse equipment safely and efficiently while meeting productivity and quality expectations
· Check product for accuracy in inventory, damage and infestation and complete paperwork.
· Assisting in counting physical inventory
· Cleaning, sweeping, and dusting work area
· Updating warehouse tags, organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
· Wearing the proper safety equipment
· The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
· Proficient in MRP, MS Word, MS Excel, and other computer programs and/or databases
· Knowledge of MAS database preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Three months or more related experience and/or training
· Experience working in a warehouse and/or manufacturing environment
· Experience performing Cycle counts and/or inventory management
· Or, equivalent combination of education and experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee works in a typical warehouse environment. Equipment in use may include box/cutter knife, shipping adhesive, packaging materials (boxes, protective materials, etc), ladder, forklift, industrial scales, as well as delivery trucks. Steel toed shoes are required for this position. The noise level in these areas will vary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, or kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires compliance to applicable quality system and regulatory requirements. This individual adopts a “quality in everything we do” approach to all aspects of the execution of responsibilities of this position. Through vigilance, this individual remains alert to any potential compliance situations, and must report such observations to managers and the Head of Quality.