Salary: $17.00 /hour
MS-IL Staffing is searching for an experienced and dependable Shift Supervisor for a large client of ours in Lafayette, IN. This is an immediate temp-to-hire opportunity with plenty of room for growth and potential benefits!
- Position: Shift Supervisor
- Shift: 1st/2nd Shift; Friday-Monday from 6 pm to 4 am or 8 am to 4 pm
- Location: Lafayette, IN
- Pay: Starting at $17/hr.
Job Purpose: Shift Supervisor
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operations of onsite by-product management system/set-up at the facility. Will assist with the development and implementation of solutions of processes and logistics for onsite waste and recycling processes. Must maintain effective and professional daily interaction with client associates and their daily service requests.
Job Responsibilities: Shift Supervisor
- The Shift Supervisor will conduct daily operational and equipment inspections;
- Oversee daily operations for sorting/handling/processing of plant by-products;
- Supervise the safe and efficient operation of employees assigned to operation;
- Daily completion of waste-tracking forms and activity reports;
- Professional interaction with supplier subcontractors working for the client;
- Professional interaction with ALL members of client’s workforce;
- Assist with implementation of new processes (training/auditing of assigned employees);
- Effective communication with both client and on-site team;
- Provide assistance/training to employees on aspects of waste/reuse/recycling programs;
- Assist Program with business development opportunities (as assigned by manager).
Education and Experience: Shift Supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years Shift Supervisor experience preferred;
- 2+ years experience in large manufacturing environment;
- Basic business writing and computer skills are necessary;
- Must have excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects/responsibilities for completion;
- Basic knowledge of EPA, DOT and OSHA regulations preferred;
- Ability to understand general industry practices;
- Should be able to exercise decision making and independent judgment;
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds and to wear personal protective equipment;
- Computer program knowledge required (Microsoft Word & Excel).