Salary: $11.50 to $12.75 /hour
MS-IL Staffing is currently looking for experienced and dependable Material Handler candidates for a large manufacturing client of ours in Lafayette, IN. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with plenty of room for growth and potential benefits!
- Position: Material Handler
- Location: Lafayette, IN
- Shifts Available: 2nd and 3rd
- Pay:Starting at $11.50-12.75/hr.
Apply in Person: 658 Main Street, Ste. 217, Lafayette, IN 47901
Call us at: 317-373-9830 (OR) 855-HIRE-YOU
Apply Online: www.ms-il.com/apply
Ask about our Referral Bonus Program and how you can earn money by referring others to work with MS-IL Staffing or Pro Talent Group!
Job Responsibilities: Material Handler
- You will be performing: collection, movement, sorting, and processing of all wastes and by-products in a fast-paced manufacturing facility environment;
- Utilize tricycles, motorized trucks, pallet jacks, fork trucks with attachments and other handling equipment to process and move material from the processing area to the trailers, roll offs, and containers within the facility;
- Material Handler candidates will be safely operating equipment to process materials including hand tools, balers, and compactors;
- Properly sort materials based on pre-established guidelines for additional processing;
- Utilization of the company’s bar code scanning computer-based program to properly track the waste collected;
- Perform cleanup and housekeeping duties as directed.
Job Qualifications: Material Handler
- Ability to read, write, and understand spoken and written English;
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Experience: Manufacturing or warehouse operation experience preferred;
- Knowledge and Abilities: Basic knowledge of EPA, DOT and OSHA regulations preferred;
- Ability to understand general industry practices. Should be able to exercise decision making and independent judgment. Ability to lift up to 60 pounds;
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment;
- Material Handler candidates must be able to meet all physical requirements of position (standing, bending over, squatting, etc.).