Salary: $15.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for a responsible Food Quality Technician to check the quality of all incoming and outgoing material and products as well as production procedures. You will be a firm advocate of quality company-wide. This is a temporary position needing to be filled until the end of November.
- Position: Food Quality Technician
- Location: northwest Indianapolis, IN
- Shift: M-F fro 7 am to 3:30 pm
- Pay: Starting at $15/hr.
Job Summary: Food Quality Technician
The ideal Food Quality Technician candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed. In depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential. The goal is to ensure that our products are made of flawless materials with well-functioning equipment.
Job Responsibilities: Food Quality Technician
- The Food Quality Technician will read blueprints and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplies;
- Approve or reject raw materials with respect to quality standards and record supplier performance;
- Select output samples and check them using appropriate methods (measuring dimensions, testing functionality, comparing to specifications etc.);
- Use automated systems to perform complex testing procedures;
- Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics such as number of defective products per day etc.;
- The Food Quality Technician inspects procedures of the entire production cycle to ensure they are efficient and comply with safety standards;
- Monitor the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and well-maintained and discard any that doesn’t meet requirements;
- Prepare and submit reports to the quality manager.
Job Requirements: Food Quality Technician
- Proven experience as Food Quality Technician or relevant role;
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach;
- Responsible and trustworthy;
- Food manufacturing experience strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with quality testing machines and systems;
- Thorough knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies;
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (USDA, Food Safety, FDA etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office;
- High School Degree; Further qualifications will be a plus.