Pro Talent Group is searching for a Construction Masonry Estimator/Project Manager who prepares budgets, estimates, submittals and oversees projects through execution including attending meetings, complete project documentation, schedules and submitting billings. By following established company policies and ensuring estimates, schedules, constructability reviews, value engineering efforts, cost report planning, and purchase planning efforts and documents are prepared as scheduled and to the level of quality, safety, and detail required, while creating a productive, safe, efficient, and pleasant work environment helping to ensure the company’s success and establishment of a loyal customer.
Essential Functions: Construction Masonry Estimator/Project Manager
- Perform accurate and thorough quantity take-offs.
- Use available historical data to determine productivity and pricing rates.
- Conduct site visits as a part of the estimating process.
- Prepare estimates with current software in accordance with company standards.
- Organize and format estimates for ease of comprehension by the end user.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with Company personnel, vendors, and clients.
- Review estimates with the Masonry Operations Manager and various Company staff.
- Ensure vendor interface for superior bid coverage.
- Facilitate the subcontractor bid process.
- Assume an active role in the bidding and negotiations for the project.
- Participate as necessary in transfer of project to field staff.
- Pursue training and education to increase your effectiveness as an estimator / project manager.
- Manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to ensure completion of all duties and tasks.
- Represent Company at all times with professionalism and a commitment to quality.
- Regular and reliable attendance at work.
- Responsible for the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects from initial budget through project closeout.
- Conduct Constructability analysis to meet Company and the customer’s needs.
- Resolve day-to-day issues that may arise to ensure a timely, safe, and profitable project.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs.
- Manage and forecast project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material, and equipment using Company cost and labor reports.
- Forecast and analyze constructions costs, exposures, and profits until project is completed.
- Corresponds, communicates, updates, and maintains a good business relationship with owner, architect, subcontractors, suppliers, and team members.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations as well as company and client policies.
- Track and expedite Company lead material and equipment.
- Ensure all subcontracts and purchase orders are drafted in a timely fashion.
- Negotiate and price all owner and subcontractor change orders then execute in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned by Company Management.
Physical Requirements: Construction Masonry Estimator/Project Manager
- Lifting, moving, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying items up to 50 lbs. or more
- Ability to perform a variety of construction tasks in all areas and aspects of the project including but not limited to scaffolding, platform work, confined spaces, and exposure to outside elements
- Must be able to see well, naturally or with correction and coordinate the movements of eyes, hands and fingers
- Climbing and maintaining balance on ladders and scaffolding
- Standing and/or walking for long periods, often times over uneven or unpaved ground
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling or working at heights as required
Education and Experience Requirements: Construction Masonry Estimator/Project Manager
- Education: B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent experience minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in commercial construction.
- Experience in masonry is a plus but not required.
Skills and Knowledge: Construction Masonry Estimator/Project Manager
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communications and team skills.
- Works independently, with little or no direct supervision, with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities.
- Must be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough.
- Creative and resourceful in completing tasks accurately in a compressed time-frame. Applies knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in construction field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrates professionalism and pride of ownership in assigned responsibilities. Demonstrates flexibility through changing condition
Working Conditions: Construction Masonry Estimator/Project Manager
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors and may be done on a surface environment, at extreme heights, underground or above or under water.
- Work requires sustained physical effort, frequently under adverse weather conditions and/or disagreeable working conditions.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock.
- Noise levels are typically moderate to very loud.
- Due to varied conditions, workers must know the hazards and safety requirements of each job and must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company’s safety policies for every situation.
- Extended travel and/or temporary, periodic relocation may be necessary.