Indianapolis, IN 46219
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Automotive Mechanic for a client on ours on the east side of Indianapolis to start immediately. This is a direct-hire opportunity!
- Position: Automotive Mechanic
- Location: East Indianapolis
- Pay: $60-80k
Job Summary: Auto Mechanic
The Auto Mechanic will maintain service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles or different makes and models.
Job Duties: Automotive Mechanic
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters;
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage;
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems;
- The Auto Mechanic complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards;
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting;
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs;
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs;
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options;
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications;
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed;
Experience Required: Automotive Mechanic
Lifting, Energy Level, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing Information.