Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Maintenance Planner for a large client of ours near Lebanon, IN to start as soon as possible. This is temp-to-hire position with benefits and competitive pay.
Job Summary: Maintenance Planner
The Maintenance Planner will provide overall maintenance planning and scheduling support to include contract maintenance and the planning of repairs and overhauls and re-builds during scheduled shut-downs. Provides supervision of storeroom operations and is responsible for the site’s preventive maintenance program. Serves as a primary resource for CMMS implementation and the maintenance of all related databases.
Essential Job Duties: Maintenance Planner
- Coordinates maintenance work order (MWO) system, processing of MWOs and provides overall work control to ensure maximum utilization of internal labor and contractor labor.
- Reviews MWOs to confirm priorities with distribution operations and maintenance and to establish craft requirements. Reviews drawings/prints, equipment and parts manuals as required to determine scope of work and job plans for major repairs. Utilizes the priority system to support effective planning/scheduling of critical repairs.
- Develops labor estimates for planned work and establishes schedules based on confirmed priorities and labor availability. Coordinates with plant operations to establish firm schedules for equipment availability prior to start of repair.
- Develops and maintains a current backlog summary of maintenance repairs and Preventive Maintenance/Predictive Maintenance (PM/PdM) inspections due. Evaluates level of backlog and provides recommendations on use of overtime for priority repairs. Monitors status of ongoing major planned repairs and overhauls. Maintains the plant’s master plan for major repairs, overhauls, and all maintenance work to be scheduled during scheduled shutdowns or as future capital projects.
- Determines material and spare parts availability prior to scheduling. Works with maintenance supervisors and team leaders to determine parts required on major repairs. Coordinates with stockroom to reserve and kit parts prior to major planned repairs. Maintains status of requested materials/parts to meet established repair schedule. Provides recommendations to storeroom on stock levels, additions, and/or deletions from inventory. Identifies critical spares and updates equipment history database with critical spares being carried in storeroom inventory.
- Reviews job plans and standard repair practices during planning process. Coordinates entering of job plans to the EAM system and updating these standard job plans as required.
- Ensures that information on contract maintenance repairs, overhauls and all repairs is added to the equipment history database and that this database is accurately maintained.
- Provides data (MTTR/MTBF) and recommendations for improving equipment reliability. Reviews equipment repair history and PM/PdM results for failure trends and supports maintenance in identifying and correcting root causes of major failures.
- Coordinates with plant staff to establish PM/PdM, lubrication, and parts requirements for any new equipment or systems. Updates equipment history database with information on vendor, equipment specifications, warranty, information, parts lists etc.
- Responsible for supporting implementation and administration of the computerized maintenance management system (EAM) as a prime internal source. Coordinates development and maintenance of databases for equipment history, work orders, and PM. Supervises clerical support for major data entry tasks.
- Works closely with a manager, all craft supervisors’ distribution operations staff to support effective planning for shutdowns. Develops the overall master plan for maintenance-related activities and coordinates development of materials/parts requirements and requisitioning, estimates of craft labor, and plan for contract maintenance support as required.
- Serves as the primary support to the Maintenance Manager in developing performance indicators to drive continuous improvement.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Other Requirements: Maintenance Planner
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with maintenance planning/scheduling
- Able to work any Saturday or Sunday if the need arises
- Able to work long hours
- Must be able to comprehend and administer Level 1 Mechanical/Electrical maintenance assessment
Education/Background Requirements: Maintenance Planner
- High School diploma or equivalent required but B.S. strongly preferred
- 2 Year Technical or Associates degree is a plus
- Needs good craft background for technical knowledge to support planning of maintenance work.
- Needs formal maintenance planning & scheduling training and on the job training as well.
- Must have solid computer skills
- Must be able to learn the EAM system
- Must be able to use Microsoft Software- Outlook, Word, Excel
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have basic math skills- add, subtract, divide, multiply
- Must be able to use a calculator
- Must be able to use office equipment- fax, copier, telephone, radio
- Must be able to utilize equipment manuals
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and adheres to safety requirements.
- Has a good understanding of what PPE is needed at all times
- Food Manufacturing Experience a plus