Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced and dependable Boltmaker Operator for a client of ours in Frankfort, IN to start immediately! This is a temp-to-hire opportunity on either 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Position:Boltmaker Operator
- Shift:2nd or 3rd
- Pay:$17-22/hr. depending on experience
- Location:Frankfort, IN
Position Summary: Boltmaker Operator
A Boltmaker Operator is responsible for setting up a variety of products on several different size and types of boltmakers. Accountable for safely meeting daily production goals, quality requirements, and performing preventative maintenance.
Position Responsibilities: Boltmaker Operator
- Responsible for meeting daily production and quality goals.
- Utilize critical measurement devices, such as: micrometers, calipers, optical comparator, and a variety of attribute gauges.
- Use a Bill of Material (BOM) to identify proper tooling sequence.
- Set up an operation of each aspect of the machine (i.e., wire draw, header, pointer, roll section, tracks and conveyors).
- Accountable for performing preventative maintenance on machines.
- Secure raw material when required.
- Learn to operate and become proficient on different types of boltmaking machinery (i.e., Sacma, National, Formax, and Nedschroef).
- Ensure safety standards are adhered to at all times.
- Commitment to Company core values: Teamwork, Responsibility, and Trust.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications-Education/Experience: Boltmaker Operator
- High school diploma or GED.
- Successfully complete entry level training which will include 40 hours of classroom instruction and up to 180 days job shadowing with a senior operator.
- Strong attention to detail as well as troubleshooting ability.
- Good math skills; able to interpret metric and standard dimensions.
- Must be able to retain and apply technical information from machine manuals.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Identify and use several different hand tools.
- Must be able to lift and/or maneuver up to 50+ pounds.
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours and endure frequent climbing, twisting, and turning.
- Must be flexible to work OT, including weekends and holidays.
- Previous boltmaking operations preferred.
- Experience with operating progressive presses a plus.
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment helpful.
- Strong mechanical ability preferred.
- Ability to Read and understand blueprints preferred