Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
Job title Journeyman Maintenance Technician
Reports to Maintenance Superintendent
Performing a variety of maintenance tasks on powdered metal equipment and facility. Included are troubleshooting equipment, PLC troubleshooting, advanced hydraulics, pneumatics, performing scheduled and unscheduled repairs, performing preventative maintenance on equipment and facility, completing improvement projects, training of other employees on proper operation and care of equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service;
· Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service;
· Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines;
· Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service; and
· Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
Required Education and Experience
· Two-year Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance or equivalent
· 5 years minimum hands on industrial maintenance experience
· Must be self-motivated but can still work in a team environment
· Can work well under pressure but still abide by all safety standards
· Very strong electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, PLC troubleshooting skills
Preferred Education and Experience
· 10 years minimum hands on industrial maintenance experience
· This position operates in a manufacturing plant environment subject to loud noises, high temperatures, and dirty working conditions. Associates are required to wear safety shoes and safety glasses at all times while on production floor and around hazardous equipment.
· While performing the duties of this position, the associate is required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
· Associates are required to use their hands to hold and feel objects as well as to repair machines and handle various types of tools and equipment.
· Associates must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
· 12-hour rotating back shift
· Schedule: 3 days on, 2 days off/2 days on, 3 days off\
Shift: Rotating Backshift: 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 a.m.
Schedule: Work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, have Monday, Tuesday off, Work Thursday, Friday, have Friday, Saturday, Sunday off.