Salary: $22.00 to $24.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Operations Supervisor for a large client of ours near Downtown Indianapolis, IN to work on a temporary assignment – this position has potential to go long-term!
- Position: Operations Supervisor
- Shift: 3rd Shift (8 pm to 4 am)
- Pay: $22-24/hr.
- Location: Downtown Indianapolis, IN
Position Summary: Operations Supervisor
As an Operations Supervisor in the Indiana fulfillment center operation, prospective job candidates will be expected to pursue all aspects of their position with energy, drive and a “can do” attitude. Candidates are responsible for meeting established customer service and quality standards. Must meet Key Performance Indicators that include achieving cost targets as well as departmental productivity. A critical aspect of the position is the ability to engage with associates in a way that ensures they feel valued and must promote a fun, fair and open environment that encourages teamwork by actively engaging with associates at least 80% of their day.
Job Responsibilities: Operations Supervisor
- The Operations Supervisor will manage department quality to ensure all orders are shipped 100% accurately. Customer service and quality are the first focus of a Supervisor;
- Meet and exceed expected Key Performance Indicators that include: customer service metrics, safety, cost and work in process carryover;
- Responsible for identifying and correcting safety hazards in areas of responsibility. Creating a safe work environment and a safety mindset among team members. Addressing all safety issues and concerns throughout the operation;
- Retain staff through engaging with employees and ensuring they feel valued;
- Train, develop and mentor hourly staff to drive career growth for your team members;
- Promote a fun culture and an open environment that promotes teamwork through the facility;
- Maintain effective communication with all levels of the organization, throughout numerous departments (HR, Building Services, IT, Engineering, Logistics, etc.);
- Understand business priorities while anticipating and addressing potential challenges;
- Meet assigned deadlines for projects;
- Drive innovation, proactively look for and identify operational constraints;
- Develop a work environment that welcomes change and drives innovation.
Minimum Qualifications: Operations Supervisor
- Bachelors in Supply Chain Management, Operation Management, or equivalent;
- Previous Operations Supervisor and/or leadership experience preferred;
- Knowledge of labor relations and experience working in a union environment preferred;
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in interactions with all levels of associates;
- Strong interpersonal skills to include team-building and conflict resolution;
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Burmese or Chin is a plus;
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and develop solutions quickly;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Quantitative skills necessary to managing a budget, analyzing problems and measuring productivity and operational performance;
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization, from bargaining unit associates to mid-to-higher level management;
- PC skills to intermediate level in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), plus capability to use email (Lotus Notes or Outlook), ADP eTime;
- Ability to set priorities, plan and organize duties and tasks and manage time effectively;
- Team player with ability to put the goals of the organization over their individual team goals;
- Capable of understanding and effectively managing/controlling an operational budget.