Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced and detail-oriented Machine Operator candidates for a large client of ours in Frankfort, IN to start immediately! This is a temp-to-hire opportunity on 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Position:Machine Operator
- Shift:2nd and 3rd both available
Job Summary: Machine Operator
The Machine Operator is responsible for setting up a variety of products on several different size and types of production machines. Accountable for safely meeting daily production goals, quality requirements, and performing preventative maintenance.
Essential Functions: Machine Operator
- Responsible for meeting daily production and quality goals;
- Utilize critical measurement devices, such as: micrometers, calipers, optical comparator, and a variety of attribute gauges;
- Use a Bill of Material (BOM) to identify proper tooling sequence;
- Set up an operation of each aspect of the machine (i.e., wire draw, header, pointer, roll section, tracks and conveyors);
- Accountable for performing preventative maintenance on machines;
- Secure raw material when required;
- Learn to operate and become proficient on different types of machinery (i.e., Sacma, National, Formax, and Nedschroef);
- Ensure safety standards are always adhered to;
- Commitment to Company core values: Teamwork, Responsibility, and Trust;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities: Machine Operator
- Strong mechanical ability;
- Strong attention to detail as well as troubleshooting ability;
- Read and understand blueprints;
- Good math skills; able to interpret metric and standard dimensions;
- Must be able to retain and apply technical information from machine manuals;
- Multi-tasking ability;
- Identify and use several different hand tools;
- Education: High school diploma or GED. Successfully complete entry level training which will include 40 hours of classroom instruction and up to 180 days job shadowing with a senior operator.
Experience: Machine Operator
- Previous machine operator experiences preferred;
- Experience with operating progressive presses a plus;
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment helpful;
- Working Conditions: Must be able to lift and/or maneuver up to 50+ pounds;
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours and endure frequent climbing, twisting, and turning;
- Must be flexible to work OT, including weekends and holidays.