New Albany, IN
Responsible for both Receiving/Incoming and Shipping/Outgoing of material for the plant assigned. Incoming to include receiving, handling, and warehousing of material. Outgoing to include preparation, loading, and shipping of material.
- Follow all policies, procedures and safety precautions when handling all material.
- Ability to operate a “forklift” safely and effectively.
- Unload delivery trucks and verify the accuracy of shipping documents.
- Record transactions in the business system.
- Deliver incoming material to rack/QA hold area.
- Pull and stage material per production requirements
- Rotate stock to ensure FIFO usage.
- Receive finished product from production and place in the rack and/or prepare for shipment.
- Pull shipments per customer requirements/specifications.
- Scan out-going shipments in business system
- Load outbound shipments
- Support all efforts to ensure that quality/environmental policy requirements are met and maintained
- Clean and store empty returnables in the appropriate location.
- Load and cycle baler as needed.
- Empty scrap bin as needed
- Conduct physical inventory monthly or as needed.
- Perform other duties assigned
Education / Experience / Skills
- Quality conscious
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Acceptable level of computer skills
- Ability to make good business decisions
- Shows good judgment
- Self-motivated / self-confident
- Versatile and willing to learn new skills
Physical / Safety Requirements
Employee must be able to walk, bend, stoop, frequent pushing/pulling and lift up to 50 pounds. Work requires the use of safety equipment. Frequent loading and unloading of the truck may expose employees to a variety of temperatures.
Job Type: Full-time