Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
This is an Immediate Direct-Hire opportunity with a valued client of Pro Talent Group
- Position: 2nd Shift Operations Supervisor
- Shift: M-F on 2nd shift
- Pay: $70-75k
Job Summary: Operations Supervisor
We are looking for an experienced Operations Supervisor for a large and fast-paced Food Manufacturing company in Labanon, IN on 2nd shift.
Job Mission: Operations Supervisor
The Operations Supervisor will empower Operations operatives to make decisions, addressing any training gaps that exist within the team, ensure the production plan is met in the 8 hour production run they manage, meet targets for production line changeovers and ensure a smooth shift changeover is made at the beginning and end of shift, with all salient points communicated to the other Shift Managers. A focus on Quality is also important.
Job Responsibilities: Operations Supervisor
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Supports and maintains basic tenants of high performance workplace culture and environment.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supervisors are legally liable, and must be responsible for Good Manufacturing Practices (hereinafter referred to as GMP) of the entire production area during their shift consistent with Food Safety Modernization Act (hereinafter referred to as FSMA) requirements.
Qualifications: Operations Supervisor
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or Leadership /Supervisory Development strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment, ideally supported by formal leadership training.
- Knowledge and successful application of continuous improvement activities.
- Effective communication skills that can be applied at all levels and across units and functions.
- Strong knowledge of company Health & Safety.
- A practical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business partners.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.