Salary: $20.75 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Facilities Maintenance candidate for a large client of ours on the north west side of Indianapolis to start immediately. This is a long-term, temp-to-hire opportunity with plenty of room for growth and potential benefits!
- Position: Facilities Maintenance
- Pay: $20.75/hr.
- Shift: 2nd; 3 pm to 1 am , Monday-Friday
- Location: North West Indianapolis
Job Summary: Facilities Maintenance
The Facilities Maintenance candidate is responsible for maintaining the building infrastructure systems including lighting, city water and drains, maintaining production machinery oil levels, rebuilding pumps and valves, and maintaining outdoor plant grounds, and electrical experience.
Essential Job Functions: Facilities Maintenance
- Safety, demonstrate behaviors in support of company safety procedures with focus on zero injuries.
- Quality, demonstrate behaviors in support of quality work processes to include documentation and sanitary practices.
- Continuous Improvement, actively support the Performance System-PS. Experience high performance work systems; 5S, working in teams, problem solving, six sigma, TPM, training, continuous skills development-CSD, auditing, planned and/or autonomous maintenance-AM.
- The Building and Grounds Maintenance candidate will follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to maintain mastery on all skill sets that the associate has been certified on through ongoing skills audits and rotation.
- Perform routine lubrication and maintain oil levels of plant-wide production machinery.
- Monitor and maintain industrial and office infrastructure systems, including lighting, city water, and drains.
- Monitor and maintain outdoor plant grounds and walkways, including snow removal.
- Direct and supervise external contractors on facility improvement and repair projects.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild pumps and valves.
- Assemble and move equipment, storage cabinets, and office furniture.
- Keep up to date records of maintenance work orders, needed repairs, and parts requests and inventories.
- Assist maintenance personnel in maintaining stationary support systems and production equipment and machinery.
- Competent in the use of electrical testing equipment and basic hand tools.
- Capable of performing small installations, (conduit and other electrical equipment).
- Have math skills as needed for measuring and calculating electrical formulas.
- Be able to identify electrical components and follow wiring diagrams.
- Perform duties with speed, precision, and conscientiousness and with a high regard for workplace safety.
- Work overtime as required to achieve production and maintenance schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Keep work areas and equipment clean and safe.
- The ability to meet attendance requirements.
- The ability to interact effectively and professionally with coworkers.
Job Qualifications: Facilities Maintenance
- Experience working in a production, manufacturing or distribution environment for 3+ months.
- Experience working with hand tools and using machine shop tools and techniques to fabricate and repair machine parts.
- The Facilities Maintenance candidate must have experience reading and interpreting blue prints and electrical schematics.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Associate of Applied Science or equivalent two (2) year college degree.
- Experience working in an automated food processing or packaging environment is preferred for the Building and Grounds Maintenance position.
- Experience welding using oxyacetylene cutting torch, ARC welder and plasma cutter
- Two (2) years of experience maintaining industrial equipment and machinery, including experience replacing chains, bearings, bushings, and wear parts on mechanical equipment; troubleshooting and calibrating timed machinery and electronic instrumentation and controls; and maintaining pneumatic and hydraulic lines, fittings, and cylinders.
- Experience working in an automated machinery environment (with PLCs or MMIs).
- Experience working in a USDA, FDA, OSHA, or GMP compliant environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.