Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an skilled Accounts Receivable Specialist for a large client of ours near Avon, IN to start immediately. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with plenty of room for growth and potential benefits!
- Position: Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Pay: $17-18/hr.
- Location: Avon, IN
General Summary: Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will provide financial, administrative, and clerical services to our Accounting and Finance Team. Accounts Receivable is needed to apply all cash receipts received from the bank to open invoices. The unpaid invoices need to be monitored for past due payments. Collections calls must be made to keep invoices paid current and close out unidentified deductions. Reports are put together to show all transactions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Cash receipts are received from the bank lock-box and a spreadsheet is updated to show all invoices paid, deductions taken, and cash discounts. Invoices and checks are matched up for filing for HBI and KBPI;
- When the cash receipt spreadsheet is finished, all items are put into Made 2 Manage;
- Any unidentified deductions or missing paperwork needs to be researched. Calls are made to the trucking company requesting a P.O.D for the invoice being short paid. * If the P.O.D doesn’t show deductions then calls are made to the salesman or customer’s Accounts Payable contact to request paperwork;
- Credits for approved deductions are entered into Made 2 Manage by the Accounts Receivable Specialist and applied to the debit balance;
- Paid invoices are filed according to customer;
- New invoices are received from shipping each day and are filed according to customer and invoice number;
- A log is kept for checks received here that should have been mailed to the bank lockbox. Log checks and mail them;
- Maintain a daily A/R activity sheet to show cash receipts received daily;
- Create a weekly aging report for management each Tuesday for HBI and KBPI;
- Create weekly reports for staff accountants;
- Create miscellaneous invoices for customers as needed by HBI personnel;
- Old invoices missed or old deductions outstanding should be called on after the aging report is finished;
- Update a daily spreadsheets showing the breakdown of all deductions taken to provide to management if requested;
- A monthly aging report is done to close out the month;
- Any other special projects that need put together for Accounts Receivable;
- Perform other duties as required or assigned;
- Calculate and process broker commissions.
Education/Experience: Accounts Receivable Specialist
- 1 year or more of Collections or Accounts Receivable Specialist experience needed;
- High School Diploma;
- Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge required;
- Ability to put together formulas and spreadsheets accurately;
- Data Entry/10-Key;
- Strong verbal and written skills.