Carol Stream, IL
Job Summary for Material Handler / General Laborer
MS-IL Staffing has an opportunity for Material Handler / General Laborer candidates with a client in Carol Stream, IL!! This is a temp-to-hire opportunity for 3rd shift, candidates will be handling and organizing materials on a conveyor line in a fabrication facility.
Responsibilities for Material Handler / General Laborer:
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Stack cargo in locations such as transit sheds or in holds of ships as directed, using pallets or cargo boards.
- Direct spouts and position receptacles, such as bins, carts, or containers so they can be loaded.
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
- Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
- Process and sort packages to be sent out to consumers
Requirements for Material Handler / General Laborer:
- HS Diploma / GED
- Follow safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to work the 5 pm – 1 am shift, Sunday through Friday
- Ability to pass Background Check and Drug Screen
- Flexibility on available hours desired
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
- You must be able to communicate well with management and fellow employees
- Ideal candidates have a very positive attitude
- Previous warehouse experience is a plus but not required
Call us now at: (630)-520-4944 or 855-HIRE-YOU
Apply online at: www.ms-il.com/apply
We have paid referral bonuses! Don’t forget to ask us about our referral program to learn how you can you earn even more.