Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced and dependable Shipping Clerk for a large client of ours on the north west side of Indianapolis. This is an immediate temp-to-hire opportunity on 3rd shift (will train on 1st shift for about a month).
- Position: Shipping Clerk CONTRACT 90 days
- Shift: 3rd shift, Sunday-Thurs
- Pay: $17/hr.
- Location: North West Indianapolis
Job Summary: Shipping Clerk
The Shipping Clerk troubleshoots and researches orders and process, communicates with plants about needed products, monitors findings and contacts customer service to fill customer orders and obtain weights and sizes. Coordinates trucks and trailers to the dock to meet scheduled appointment times. Communicates with over-the-road drivers and supervisors as required. Monitors efficient flow of order fill and shipment, product receipt and put away
Duties and Responsibilities: Shipping Clerk
- Computer skills. IE… SAP, WMS, Red Prairie, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Word etc.
- Strong communications skills both verbally and written.
- Verify readiness and accuracy of all stage loads.
- Direct yard jockey personnel to maximize drop lot opportunities and efficiency.
- Assign dock doors for drop trailers and carriers arriving for pick-up and delivery.
- Periodic checks of parked trailers for cleanliness, trailer jacks, and drop lot space utilization.
- Using available labor, assign tasks as necessary to maintain even flow of work available.
- Ensure all orders have Post Goods Movements completed before drivers leave the shipping window.
- Verify completed paperwork of both, inbound/outbound traffic ensuing completeness and accuracy.
- Audit all loads for proper case counts/items ordered/case condition/pallets. Verify accuracy of all paperwork and shipping documents.
- Verify and document all customer/carrier returns to ensure that each contains complete information as to customer, date shipped, authorized return number etc. Ensure all returns are properly verified for accuracy and received in a timely manner.
- Assume supervision of warehouse during the absence of the DC Supervisor.
- Perform other duties assigned by DC Management.
- Ability to work 12 hours shifts to cover vacations, absences and weekend rotation when necessary.
- Familiar with GMP and SQF policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Shipping Clerk
- Maintain the sign-in/sign-out log for all incoming guests, vendors and contractors.
- Maintain completeness of all current period Alchemy training, Safety BOS, Quality BOS, GMP Audits and Zone Ownership assignments.
- Complete weekly audit of assigned DC supplies.
- Forward daily drop trailer availability list to internal Team and Corporate Transportation Group and Carriers.
Qualifications and Education: Shipping Clerk
- High School Diploma
- 2 years’ experience in Transportation/Distribution environment
- High School Diploma
- 4 years’ experience in Transportation/Distribution environment with previous dispatch technical knowledge.
- Previous experience in food manufacturing/shipping and refrigerated shipments