We are looking for an experienced Electrical Pallet Jack Selector/Receiver to join our team on the east side of Indianapolis at a growing warehouse! This is a cold-environment food storage warehouse (30 to 50 degrees).
- Warehouse is located on the EAST side of INDY
- Cold Storage Warehouse
Job Type: Full time; temp-to-hire after 90 days
Schedule: 3:00 pm – end of production
Pay: $13.00/hr. – $18.50/hr.
Selects and loads orders accurately, correctly, and efficiently by operating mechanical equipment in a safe and effective manner. Assists in maintaining all minor and major facility functions. Responsible for implementing policies and procedures as outlined in employee handbook. Uses independent judgment in the best interest of the company. This job description is an overview of the current job duties required for this position; although not all-inclusive, its purpose is to familiarize you with its requirements. Additionally, other job duties may be added or deleted as this form may be periodically updated.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Product Knowledge: understands sizes, varieties, sensitivity, location, and background of products
- Selecting Procedures: completes orders accurately and efficiently; familiarizes pallets within proper palletization and stacking procedures; understands FIFO method; repack broken products for continued usage; verify the correctness of selection and mark off ticket after selecting; works closely with Account Specialist along with the Shipping department and Sales associates; completion of orders in a timely manner; exceeds performance requirements.
- Customer Care: understanding of preferences for the various customer bases; ensuring proper quality and quantity for customer orders; expresses neatness and care through proper order selection.
- Equipment Operations: understands and is properly trained on how to operate and maintain mechanical equipment; complies with facility rules in regards to usage and traffic flow; enforces safe and effective use of equipment among fellow associates.
- Loading Procedures: works closely with account specialists and drivers to ensure proper delivery schedule; understanding of proper loading techniques; complies with customer loading preferences; ensures all customer orders are completed along with any order additions and shorts.
- Facility Maintenance: maintains upkeep and cleanliness of facility; creates an organized and workable environment; respects all company property and equipment.
- Professionalism: completion of paperwork neatly and legibly; ability to communicate effectively; ability to assist and go above what is asked; expresses concern and care for the company and fellow associates; develops proper tools that makes a good leader.
- Food Safety: Dedication to SQF code and practices and ongoing dedication to providing the safest and highest quality product available.
Apply online at:
Visit one of our locations:
- East Side: 4933 W 38th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46254
- West Side: 9731 E Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46229
- Plainfield: 2685 E Main Street Ste. 103, Plainfield, IN 46168
We have paid referral bonuses! Don’t forget to ask us about our referral program to learn how you can you earn even more