Salary: $15.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Weigh Tech for a large client of ours in Indianapolis, IN to start immediately. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with plenty of room for growth and potential benefits!
- Position: Weigh Tech
- Shift: 1st (5 am to 230 pm)
- Location: North West Indianapolis, IN
- Pay: Starting at $15/hr.
Job Summary: Weigh Tech
The main purpose of the Weigh Teach is to provide direct support in the pre-weigh area of the mixing department. Will oversee that the assignment and processes of production are followed and to ensure that output and quality are maintained throughout.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: Weigh Tech
- The Weigh Tech provides a focus for pre-weigh shift activity ensuring that all essential duties and responsibilities of the pre-weigh team members are followed and adhered to, to ensure quality production standards;
- Monitors and takes appropriate improvement action to meet manufacturing goals, objectives, and quality;
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product;
- Communicates essential information to team members within department. Will include training personnel on equipment and procedures as needed;
- Seeks opportunities to build effective working relationships with other employees;
- Supports record keeping and ensure Axapta work orders for each batch are completed and accurate;
- Communicates with the Mixing Manager on all areas of production and provide updates on current schedule and goals;
- Follows all Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines;
- Maintains adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices;
- Puts highest level of focus on quality, and aims for 0 errors before all materials reach mixers;
- Willing to work extended hours, when necessary, to ensure work is completed;
- This position is responsible for following all documented cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices), SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), Work Instructions, and Policies designed to support the development, implementation, and control of the ISO 22716:2007 standard.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Weigh Tech
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities. The Weigh Tech must convey reports, concerns, and any other matter related with the daily activities of the pre-weigh team with the Mixing Manager.
Job Qualifications: Weigh Tech
- To perform this job successfully, the Weigh Tech must be able to not only perform each essential duty satisfactorily, but also be able to ensure quality of production by communication with team members effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must be able to communicate the goals and quality of production to team members as well as communicate any problems, concerns, or issues with the Mixing Manager. Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance in procedure manuals, and be able to explain any of these to team members. Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence accurately;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- May be asked to be forklift certified;
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly move up to 500 pounds with provided equipment; frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth, perception, and ability to adjust focus.;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.