Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced and dependable Logistics Coordinator for a large client of ours in Lafayette, IN to start immediately! This is a temp to hire position with plenty of room for growth.
- Position: Logistics Coordinator
- Shifts Available: M-F with some Saturdays 3 pm to 12 am or 9 pm to 6 am
- Pay: $14-18/hr.
- Location: Lafayette, IN
Job Summary: Logistics Coordinator
The Logistics Coordinator will work throughout all operational divisions of the company to ensure freight is moved efficiently while also satisfying all customer needs. The Logistics Coordinator will learn all aspects of the Truckload and Automotive Freight business.
Job Duties: Logistics Coordinator
- Operations/Driver Management – Utilize and service assigned group of Drivers in keeping with DOT regulations and customer expectations;
- Customer Service – Effectively communicate with internal and external customers ensuring all customer expectations are met. Manage all communication mediums – email, phone, EDI and web transactions;
- Regular and predictable attendance;
- Planning – Collaborate internally and with external customers in developing an operational strategy and route optimization for freight movement;
- Equipment – Ensure that all trucks, trailers, and other transportation equipment is accounted for and in good working condition;
- Maintain that our Customers (Drivers, internal and external customers) are being communicated with and needs are taken care of in a timely and professional manner;
- Manage Drivers – turnover, miles/utilization, home time/out of service, idle/PM’s, and service to our customers within company guidelines and goals;
- Ensure service providers understand and accept Customer guidelines and requirements for all logistics operations;
- Manage assigned customer account and solicit freight within that base;
- Plan customer freight through route optimization.
Education/Experience: Logistics Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation, Business, or any combination and experience, which would provide equivalent background;
- Must be able to interact well with others. Good communication skills;
- Must be able to manage competing priorities, multi-task, and continue to meet all deadlines, while remaining flexible with continually changing priorities.#APPLYNOW