Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Staff Accountant for a manufacturing client of ours located in Whitestown, IN. This is temp to hire opportunity paying $50-60k!
Job Summary: Staff Accountant
The Staff Accountant will have responsibly for general ledger transactions, account reconciliations, monthly accruals and fixed assets/depreciation with adherence to internal controls. This position will also ensure that general ledger postings are compliant with U.S. GAAP and should be mindful that reconciliations will become part of the audit work papers provided for the financial statement audit. This position reports to the Controller.
Essential Job Duties: Staff Accountant
- Maintain financial record keeping in accordance with established policies, procedures, and applicable regulations.
- Work within the designated time frames to ensure a timely monthly close process.
- Compile necessary data, prepare, review and post the monthly journal entries.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to the ledger on a monthly basis.
- Maintain fixed assets in the Fixed Asset System, generate monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Maintain all aspects of sales tax compliance, including requesting sales tax exempt certificates from distributors, maintaining item tax codes, maintaining customer tax codes, reviewing quarterly sales dollars by destination state and maintaining Avatax software data.
- Review Concur expense reports and American Express transactions; post to general ledger.
- Review freight invoices and code charges appropriately.
- Prepare monthly bank borrowing base calculation.
- Be constantly aware of the internal controls; make Controller aware if certain controls are not being following.
- Participate in the budgeting and forecasting process as requested.
- Compile data for the annual audit, interim audits and tax group requests as requested.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Controller.
- Participate in Special Projects as assigned by the Sr. V.P. of Finance or by the Controller.
Job Qualifications: Staff Accountant
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Strong initiative and willingness to take ownership for delivery of data, analytics and support.
- Strong team orientation, exceptional work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Daily use of various computer programs including, but not limited to MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Sage 500.
- Working knowledge of and direct experience with U.S. GAAP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to relate to people at all levels.
- Adopts a “quality in everything we do” approach to all aspects of the execution of responsibilities of this position.
- Understands that accuracy is key and strives for the utmost accuracy in all work.
- Performs a review of work prior to submission to ensure accuracy and to check for reasonableness.
- Performs research if data does not seem reasonable.
- Asks questions or will seek guidance is something is not understood.
Education and Experience: Staff Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Accounting in a manufacturing environment.#APPLYNOW