Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
The function of the Maintenance Supervisor is to oversee the day to day maintenance for the facilities and equipment . Responsibilities include leadership of the Maintenance Department to complete fueling, preventive maintenance, trouble-shooting and breakdown/repair maintenance.
- · Work in a safe manner to prevent personal injury and injury to co-workers.
- · Maintain a clean work environment to avoid loss, injury and damage.
- · Close interaction with team members, operations and management personnel to provide direction.
- · Daily reporting of activities.
- · Organizing the daily and weekly maintenance tasks and assigning same to crews.
- · GSV’s will approve all vacations and bonus time. If there is going to be a long term shortage notify your GSV immediately. If there is a call in for the oncoming shift and there is a scheduled outage then fill that position with personal from your shift. Scheduled vacation days and bonus days will also be covered on 2nd and 3rd shift with overtime during scheduled shut down.
- · Document all infractions and issues regarding safety, environmental, quality and team members and report those issues to the GSV.
- · Continually look for opportunities to improve safety, process, and maintenance activities of your assigned plant.
- · Update the weekend work list-work board a jobs are completed.
- · Send out reports at the end of shifts. Any downtown over an hour must have a RCA form filled out and in the system before you leave work. If the downtime looks to be over an hour and it occurs over two shifts the off going supervisor must start the RCA and the supervisor coming on must complete.
- · Ensure all maintenance team member have work in front of them and know the location of the team members. Run the overtime list and have work laid out so team members are out of the shop and going to their assigned job no later than 15 minutes after the start of the shift.
- · Shift for the supervisors starts ½ hour before the maintenance team members start shift, this means in the maintenance shop. This time is to be used to lay out tasks and to communicate with the off going shift.
- · Overtime for supervisor must be approved by the GSV or maintenance manager except for start of shift and end of shift paperwork or in the case of major breakdown, this work is to be expected be done. · Maintenance shop is expected to be clean at the end of shift. · All work orders and p.m.’s that are given to team members are to be turned in at the end of shift with daily time log. Supervisor will sign off that it is complete and area cleaned after inspection. When signed supervisor is taking responsibility for the job. · Walk the store room once a week to be familiar with parts locations and what we have. Inspect every cabinet with walking down every row. · Handle other duties as assigned.
· Staying up-to-date on company policies and ability to make good judgment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Associates Degree in related field required or equivalent to experience
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Maintenance Supervisory Role
· Knowledge of safety, maintenance practices, knowledge of Foundry equipment and machinery.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills