Salary: $13.00 /hour
MS-IL Staffing is searching for a dependable Sanitation Associate in the Plainfield, IN area!
If you are interested in learning more, call us today at: 317-329-6800!
- Position:Sanitation Associate
- Shift:1st, 2nd, 3rd all available – Weekends are mandatory for all shifts!
Job Summary: Sanitation Associate
The Sanitation Associate will supply support for Sanitation and Production team members. This position will ensure a high level of employee safety, and food safety. The Sanitation Associate will ensure compliance with Company standards and procedures for sanitation, government, and third party regulations. This position will also support and implement processes that meet the requirements of SQF.
Primary Responsibilities: Sanitation Associate
- Ensure personal safety, food safety, and quality protocols are followed;
- Ensure equipment is cleaned and working properly;
- Complete daily master cleaning schedule (MCS) tasks;
- The Sanitation Associate will complete daily facility cleaning tasks;
- Assist the Production team members and Sanitation in line clean up as needed;
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Skills Required: Sanitation Associate
The ideal Sanitation Associate candidate will:
- Be a genuine ambassador, who exemplifies Company culture in all communications and interactions;
- Be flexible and available to interact and connect with people at all levels in the organization;
- Be self-directed and motivated;
- Be detail oriented and able to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrate proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize;
- Display the ability to multi-task and be effective in a fast paced, dynamic environment;
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially when interacting with staff, suppliers, and community partners;
- Identify areas for process improvements through analysis of changeover data and process review. Includes identifying standard work practices where applicable;
- Provides alternate shift coverage as needed;
Leadership Skills Required: Sanitation Associate
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors, and contributions;
- Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others;
- The Sanitation Associate must work collaboratively with all teams and departments.
Technical Expertise Required: Sanitation Associate
- Understanding of manufacturing and sanitation requirements to meet personal safety, food safety, and quality standards;
- Knowledge of acid, alkali, and sanitizing chemicals;
- Knowledge of Safe Quality Foods (SQF) audit system;
- Experience with previous manufacturing plant or line start-ups a strong plus;
- Experience performing sanitation activities in a food manufacturing environment preferred;
- Experience with or ability to operate riding/walk behind floor scrubber;
- Basic math skills including weights and measurements;
- The Sanitation Associate must have ability to follow detailed work instructions;
- Regular attendance and flexibility to work overtime as needed;
- Ability to work in team environment and communicate effectively.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Sanitation Associate
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs frequently;
- Frequent lifting from floor to waist, waist to shoulder, and shoulder to overhead;
- Occasional sitting;
- Constantly stand/walk;
- Frequently climb stairs/ladders;
- Frequently bend/stoop/twist/crouch/kneeling;
- Frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with both hands;
- Frequently push/pull.
Education/Training Required : Sanitation Associate
- High School Diploma (or GED);
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language;
- Minimum 1 years of sanitation experience in a production facility, preferably in a food processing plant;
Pre-Employment Screening: Sanitation Associate
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment testing and background checks.