Salary: $22.25 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for a dependable and experienced Maintenance Technician for a large manufacturing company located near Harriman, TN to start immediately. This is a 6 month, temp-to-hire position!
- Position: Maintenance Technician
- Pay: Starting at $22.25/hr.
- Location: Harriman, TN
Job Duties: Maintenance Technician
- Perform preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and overhead cranes;
- The Maintenance Technician will troubleshoot and repair broken or malfunctioning equipment, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems;
- Uses micrometer and dial indicators;
- Converts metric to standard measurement and vice versa;
- Works with gears, bearings, valves, cylinders, etc.;
- Welds and operates a hand torch;
- Reads, understands and interprets flow charts, schematics, and blueprints;
- Operate steam cleaner to clean work areas and equipment;
- Utilize hand and power tools safely ;
- Accurately complete company records, forms, and other types of documentation;
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner.
Successful Maintenance Technician candidates will be able to work in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments, including very hot, cold and/or noisy surroundings, at heights, and on catwalks, including see-through metal gratings. Work environment includes exposure to different types of industrial working conditions. Candidates must have the physical ability to perform essential job duties and successfully pass a background check, drug screen, and physical exam. A valid driver’s license is required to operate mobile equipment.
Basic Qualifications: Maintenance Technician
- Minimum 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Must be able to past validated Mechanical Maintenance Test;
- Industrial mechanical maintenance technician experience;
- Industrial hydraulic experience;
- Experience Stick and MIG welding;
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, steel toe boots with metatarsal guards, safety glasses, and specialized work clothing);
- Able to work a rotating shift, weekends, and holidays;
- Able to climb, lift up to 50 pounds, bend, and operate heavy equipment;
- Basic computer skills;
- Excellent work attendance record, ability to report to work as scheduled, flexibility to work overtime as needed or directed.
Preferred Qualifications: Maintenance Technician
- Completion of a vocational technical training program in maintenance;
- Microsoft Excel experience;
- Overhead crane mechanical experience is preferred for maintenance technician;
- Three or more years of industrial maintenance experience.