Salary: $16.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for a detail-orientated Technical Writer/Editor to work a 3-6 month contract with a client of ours near Downtown Indianapolis. This is an immediate need!
- Position: Technical Writer/Editor
- Location: Downtown Indianapolis
- Pay: $16/hr.
- Shift: 1st shift, M-F
Job Summary: Technical Writer/Editor
The Technical Writer/Editor will assist a large operations and distribution center with the editing and re-writing of company SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures). This person will not have to conduct formal observation or data collection; will need to take close feedback and notes from operations and management to include in new SOP.
Job Duties: Technical Writer/Editor
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and operations
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents as new issues arise
Job Requirements: Technical Writer/Editor
- Communication skills.Technical Writer/Editor must be able to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues and consumers who have nontechnical backgrounds.
- Detail oriented.Technical Writer/Editor will create detailed instructions for others to follow. As a result, must be detailed and precise at every step so that the instructions can be useful.
- Imagination.Technical Writer/Editor must be able to think about a procedure or product in the way that a person without technical experience would think about it.
- Teamwork.Technical Writer/Editor must be able to work well with others. They are almost always part of a team: with other writers; with designers, editors, and illustrators; and with the technical people whose information they are explaining.
- Technical skills.Technical Writer/Editor must be able to understand and then explain highly technical information.
- Writing skills.Technical Writer/Editor must have excellent writing skills to be able to explain technical information clearly.