Salary: $15.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for a detail-orientated and responsible Production Planner/Schedulerfor a large client of ours on the east side of Indianapolis to start immediately! This is a long-term, temp to hire opportunity with a fast-growing logistics company.
- Position:Production Planner/Scheduler
- Shift:1st – 7 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday
- Location:East side of Indianapolis
Job Summary: Production Planner/Scheduler
We are looking for a detail-oriented Production Planner Scheduler to organize production according to demand and quality standards. You will be the one to help ensure goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner. An excellent candidate is well-versed in production procedures and ways to optimize them. They are organized and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. Advanced communication and computer skills are very useful for the role, in addition to attention to detail. The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations.
Job Responsibilities: Production Planner/Scheduler
- Coordinate production workflow for one or multiple products;
- Enter purchase order information into WMS database accurately;
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay;
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand;
- Assign workers and other staff to particular production operations;
- The Production Planner/Scheduler will schedule shift according to production needs;
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget;
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption;
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.);
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports;
- Keep paperwork organized;
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff.
Job Requirements: Production Planner/Scheduler
- Proven experience as Production Planner/Scheduler or similar experience in manufacturing;
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles;
- Experience using a Warehouse Management System (WMS);
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and ERP systems;
- Good at math and statistics;
- Attention to detail is a must;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication abilities;
- High school diploma; Further education or certification is preferred.