Salary: $17.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced and dependable Quality Technician for a large manufacturing client of ours on the north west side of Indianapolis to start immediately. This is a long-term temp to hire 2nd shift opportunity.
- Position: Quality Technician
- Shift: 230 pm to 11 pm 4 days/week and 1030 pm to 7 am 1 day/week
- Pay: $17/hr.
Job Summary: Quality Technician
The Quality Technician makes accept/reject decision on incoming raw materials and pre-shipment samples based on pre-established criteria. Places defective product on hold in accordance with procedures. Monitors and provides quality support for operations including but not limited to GMP and SQF compliance. Resolves and reports defect issues. Interacts with other departments to communicate testing results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Quality Technician
- Perform test to ensure compliance with Company product specifications
- Perform bench-work according to SOPs and standard methods
- Swab production lines and surfaces for micro/ATP testing
- Inform appropriate personnel of non-conforming results
- Execute product hold procedure
- Prepare and maintain testing reagents and equipment.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Quality Technician
- Review and file incoming material certificates of analysis.
- Perform document review and GMP audits.
- Raw material receiving/releasing and label verifications.
- Maintain lab supply inventory.
- Coordinate hazardous waste collection and disposal.
- Collaborate with associate microbiologist and sanitation staff and assist when necessary
- Perform audits on equipment, materials, products, procedures
- Enter analysis results into database and analyze and trend data
Education and Experience: Quality Technician
- Associates degree in related field and related experience.
- B.S. degree in Micro Biology, Chemistry, Biology, or related field.
- Two or more years of experience performing quality control tests in a food, beverage or dairy production environment.
Language and Technical Skills: Quality Technician
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Ability to use standard lab equipment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization
Reasoning Ability: Quality Technician
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with good time management skills and flexibility.