Salary: $29.00 to $29.50 /hour
A global leader in the oral care industry and the manufacturer and distributor of oral care products and solutions. We serve dental professionals and consumers in 80 countries worldwide and are driven by a mission: to enhance the health and well-being of people everywhere through high-quality, innovative oral care products and solutions.
Located in Schaumburg, IL is in search of a Maintenance Mechanic II – 3rd Shift. This role is responsible for equipment performance in the plant, to work closely with the maintenance team and to meet quality expectations, production rates, and customer needs.
The Maintenance Mechanic II – 3rd Shift will use their experience to work from work orders, standard operating procedures and instructions:
- Perform PMs, changeovers, breakdowns and project work as prioritized by the Lead Maintenance Technician.
- Demonstrate and promote safe work practices in all aspects of work.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair basic mechanical systems, tooling, PLC’s, basic machine controls, and electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Troubleshoot and support fully automated & integrated production systems.
- Troubleshooting and repair of robots involving electrical, and pneumatic components.
- Troubleshoot and support complex electrical failures such as servos, drives, amplifiers, linear motors, etc.
- Effectively utilize computerized maintenance and parts inventory programs.
- Tear down equipment, rebuild and replace defective parts and component units as needed, reassemble and make final equipment adjustments.
- Perform machine setup changes and make diagnostic checks on production and equipment as needed.
- Use machine tools and other fabrication practices to produce parts for repair and improvement of machinery.
- Request necessary parts, supplies, and tooling as required.
- Monitor equipment to ensure quality standards met and production cycle time maintained.
- Troubleshoot production or quality problems and make necessary adjustments to materials or equipment settings and notify Manufacturing Management of situation.
- Setup automated machinery for production: change tooling and fixtures, adjust machine settings, speeds and feeds, and enter necessary parameters of operational controls.
- Troubleshoot and repair operational and setup problems with vision systems.
- Effectively work on project teams to install and upgrade equipment.
- Interact and communicate effectively with all maintenance, engineering, and production personnel.
- Assist in training of other maintenance personnel.
- Transition the repairs and projects on production floor between incoming and outgoing shifts.
- Follow safety and hygienic rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate should possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree/certifications desired but not required
- At least 3 years of machine maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Electrical experience including utilization of lock out/tag out and NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- Must be able to read prints and diagrams
- Experience in injection molding, packaging, filling and mixing environments desired
- High-speed equipment experience in an automated assembly including PLCs preferred
- Experience in electrical troubleshooting up to 480 Volts including motors and/or pumps desired
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, stand for extended hours
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects up to 75 lbs.
- Availability to work the shift schedule with the possibility of overtime
Offering employees and their families a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Benefits that are offered include:
- Medical, Vision & an enhanced Dental plans
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid Life & AD&D and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Pet, Legal and Identity Theft Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program with an Onsite Fitness Center
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match (Pretax and Roth options)
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Competitive annual bonus and sales incentive programs
- Flexible schedules including work from home
- Employee Discounts on Oral Care Products
- On-site café featuring daily specials with dinner-to-go options.
- Miles of beautifully maintained walking trails
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Professional development and training
- Equal opportunity employer dedicated to non-discrimination in employment. We select the most qualified individual for the job based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, credit history, sexual orientation, arrest and court record, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy or any other status protected by federal, state or other applicable laws.
This is a full time position