Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
MS-IL Staffing is searching for an experienced and dependable Aluminum MIG Welder for a client of ours in Indianapolis to start immediately!
- Position:Aluminum MIG Welder
- Schedule:1st (7 am – 5:30 pm) or 2nd (3:30 pm to 12 am)
- Pay:Starting at $17-18/hr.
Essential Functions: Aluminum MIG Welder
- Welds steel and aluminum components;
- Follow safety rules and ensure that all material is properly handled.
Other Duties and Responsibilities: Aluminum MIG Welder
- Operate Forklift to move materials;
- Ensure that all needed tools (knife, tape measure, etc.) are in possession;
- Keep work area neat and orderly;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Aluminum MIG Welder
- Must be able to lift object weighing up to 30 pounds;
- With assistance, must be able to lift objects weighing more than 50 pounds;
- Perform physical tasks: twisting, pulling, lifting, carrying, and exerting pressure;
- Knowledge of filler materials and how they relate to base materials;
- Safely and properly operate welding, cutting, and other powered equipment;
- Knowledge and ability to properly set up and maintain welding machines;
- Read a tapeline;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and be able to operate mechanical equipment;
- Read and follow blueprints, works orders, and bills of material;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to perform duties to confirm to quality and quantity standards.
Preferred Education and Experience: Aluminum MIG Welder
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills;
- Must have 2 years prior experience or training in welding.