Pro Talent Group is searching for a Construction Project Manager to direct every facet of the assigned project(s), including the safety, organization, planning, scheduling, subcontractor scheduling, and day-to-day issues, in a manner that results in completion of a project on time, on budget, and a quality that meets or exceeds company and the customer’s expectations.
Essential Functions: Construction Project Manager
- In conjunction with the Project Superintendent, lead, direct, and coordinate the day-to-day management and construction activities of assigned project(s)
- Responsible for the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects from initial budget through project closeout
- Resolve day-to-day issues that may arise to ensure a timely, safe, and profitable project
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs
- Manage project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material, and equipment
- Forecast and analyze constructions costs, exposures, and profits until project is completed
- Corresponds, updates, and maintains a good business relationship with owner, architect and team members
- Make commitments to the client, architect, and subcontractors as appropriate to the successful completion of the project in conformity with company policy and management direction
- Manage subcontracting issues
- Ensure all subcontracts and purchase orders are drafted in a timely fashion
- Negotiate and price all owner and subcontractor change orders then execute in a timely fashion
- Direct involvement in preparation of a project schedule and continually review to make sure the project schedule is adhered to or modified as necessary
- Provide advice, guidance, leadership and direction to all company members assigned to projects
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills and competencies to enhance individual innovation and productivity
- Interface with other company departments as necessary, which may include schedules, budget changes, material and equipment expenditures, estimating, payroll, personnel matters, construction, masonry, steel groups and all subsidiaries.
- Run project meetings
- Regular and reliable attendance at work
- Other duties as assigned by Company Management
The successful Construction Project Manager candidate possesses:
- A thorough knowledge of company’s contracting, finance, purchasing, engineering, and controls procedures as well as advanced knowledge of equipment and construction techniques required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
- Capable of successfully solving difficult contract and contract-related technical problems requiring excellent judgment
Minimum Requirements: Construction Project Manager
- Basic working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Advanced knowledge of all general construction methods including but not limited to concrete, ironwork, masonry, etc.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Science, or other related field
- Due to varied conditions, workers must know the hazards and safety requirements of each job and must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company’s safety policies for every situation.
- Extended travel and/or temporary, periodic relocation may be necessary
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification preferred
Preferred Construction Project Manager candidate to have:
- 5-7 + years’ experience in the pharma, bio pharma life sciences industry managing projects and or facility construction projects.
- Candidate must have experience and skills with a thorough understanding of life sciences facilities, processes, equipment, MEP systems, as well as build-clean construction techniques, and commissioning and qualification.
- Candidate to have acquired the skills of estimating, scheduling, cost forecasting, from conceptual design through full detail design documents. Safety, Quality, and good documentation to be practiced daily. Looking for an individual with good B.D. personal skills to build relationships with customers.