Salary: $50,000.00 /year
Pro Talent Group is seeking an energetic, organized, and resourceful Bookkeeper to assist in managing day-to-day accounting and finance matters. This position is located downtown Indianapolis and is a Direct-Hire opportunity!
- Position: Bookkeeper
- Location: Downtown Indianapolis
- Pay: $50k
Job Summary: Bookkeeper
The Bookkeeper will assist in managing day-to-day accounting and finance matters. Key responsibilities will include attention to detail in coding, classifying, recording, posting, and processing transactions, as well as ensuring accurate and timely reports for the management team. Excellent organization skills and accuracy are a must, as well as exercising sound discretion with confidential matters. Strong customer and vendor relations, as well as the ability to communicate clearly are also important.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Bookkeeper
- Financial records: Prepare and maintain financial records using QuickBooks accounting software, including proper classification and entry of A/R, A/P, and credit card transactions.
- Accounts receivable: Prepare and issue invoices in billing software; coordinate with customers and third-party payment systems as required.
- Collections: Monitor and manage A/R Aging reports, process payments, and contact clients for past due balances as necessary.
- Accounts payable: Review and obtain proper validations for all invoices before entering bills. Monitor and manage A/P Aging reports, including coordinating vendor payments and corresponding with vendors as necessary.
- Purchase orders: Review and obtain.
- Inventories: Assist in monitoring inventory counts, coordinating with project teams, and matching records to the financials.
- Reconciliations: Maintain reconciled bank balances, including managing all cash transactions daily and preparing the daily reports.
- Credit cards: Perform monthly reconciliations of all credit card accounts, including coding, classifying, and verifying approvals.
- Closing entries: Prepare the documentation and enter approved month-end and year-end entries to assist in closing the books and records.
- Handle confidential information discretely and appropriately.
- Maintain professional working relationships and attitude.
- Ensure compliance with office procedures.
Experience and Qualifications: Bookkeeper
- 5+ years of Bookkeeper or experience in general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- QuickBooks experience or expertise is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, as well as the rest of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills.
- Demonstrate passion and ability to thrive in a fast-moving and exciting environment with patience and ease.
- Extreme attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple and ever-changing priorities in a fast & fluid environment.
- Ability to multitask, while maintaining a list the ensure all tasks get completed.
- Proven record of going the extra mile, over-achieving, and caring about your responsibilities.
- Experience working with all levels of management, employees, vendors, and customers.
- A good sense of humor, cheerful disposition, can-do attitude, and professional demeanor.
- Self-starter with ability to identify needs, as well as potential solutions, and to adapt to change.
- Discretion and confidentiality is key.
- Experience with consolidated financials is a plus.
- Certified Bookkeeper is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Required language(s): Fluent English.