Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Construction Quality Assurance Engineer who helps create, plan, manage, and enforce Company Quality Assurance Program for the assigned project(s) by preventing “Q” issues, making observations, identifying potential issues, then creating/implementing a specific plan in order to eliminate any errors that could result in a quality deficient product. By utilizing their experience, expertise, and training, the Quality Assurance Engineer shall ensure that all projects meet or exceed Company and the customer’s quality standards.
Essential Functions: Construction Quality Assurance Engineer
- Develops and/or assists in development of a QA/QC program which meets each project’s and/or owner’s contractual requirements;
- Ensure that all subcontractor’s and personnel working on the project understand the project and manufacture’s requirements;
- Manage self-perform and subcontracted work through Project Specific Quality Plans including Inspection and Test Plans, Check lists, proper training and mock-ups, etc.;
- Perform onsite field observation of in-progress and installed work including all civil, structural, enclosure, interiors, MEP systems, etc.;
- Recommend and implement corrective action based on policies, guidelines, and procedures;
- Record observations from job site inspections and complete inspection reports;
- Evaluate need for training and make recommendations to subcontractors;
- Regular and reliable attendance at work;
- Other duties as assigned by Company Management.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements: Construction Quality Assurance Engineer
- Microsoft Windows – intermediate to advanced knowledge;
- Microsoft Excel – intermediate to advanced knowledge;
- Procore or other Construction Quality Software – (Quality Module);
- Microsoft Office – intermediate knowledge;
- Primavera P6 Scheduling software – intermediate knowledge;
- Viewpoint – intermediate knowledge;
- Bluebeam – intermediate knowledge,
Education and Experience Requirements: Construction Quality Assurance Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Science, or other related field with a minimum of 5 years General Construction experience or;
- Minimum of 10 years General Construction work experience in lieu of a degree;
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification preferred.
Skills and Knowledge: Construction Quality Assurance Engineer
- Thorough knowledge of general construction methods;
- Ability to accurately read and interpret blue prints;
- Understanding of constructions codes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential;
- Capable of successfully solving difficult contract and contract-related technical problems requiring excellent judgment.