Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
MS-IL Staffing is searching for a dependable and experienced Water Blaster for a large client of ours in Lafayette, IN to start immediately! All shifts are currently open!
Job Summary: Water Blaster
The Water Blaster will be responsible for participating in lock-out/tag-out and operating high pressure (up to 40,000 psi) water blasting, pipe lancing, and/or mowing equipment. This includes, but is not limited to: blasting of vehicle dollies, skids and/or carriers; grate blasting; lancing pipes and tubes; pressure washing structural steel and tanks. Water Blaster candidate will go through extensive equipment and use training prior to blasting. Must be able to withstand the rigors of blasting to include back thrust (recoil) of 50 or more pounds and will also support cleaning staff, as necessary.
Will also be responsible for proper parts replacement (repair ofequipment), preventative maintenance of equipment, and documentation. Must beable to read equipment prints and will assist the management team with tasksrelated to equipment upgrades and process improvements.
The following are additional Job Responsibilities:
- Reviewand set PMs
- Setup inventory, including documentation, min/max levels
- Maintainingcrib/5S standards
- Createand maintain file system (electronic and hard copy)
- Verifyaccuracy of operation and maintenance manuals
- Communicatewith management (both MIS and customer)
- Ordermaterials and parts
- Setup scheduled reports
- Followthrough with all work updates with management
- Copyingand printing as required
- Allother tasks assigned by Manager
Job Requirements: Water Blaster
Candidate must be able to safely work in a fast-paced industrial environment; have a general understanding of industrial safety practices; perform equipment inspections; be mechanically inclined. Previous industrial experience is preferred. Will be required to wear extensive PPE including: metatarsal boots, rain suit, shin guards, hard hat, safety glasses, face shield, chemical gloves, anti-vibration gloves, ear plugs, and ear muffs (all provided by client).
The following are additional Job Requirements:
- Excellentmechanical skills
- Understandhigh pressure pumps
- Provenproblem solving
- Buildtrend data
- Knowledgeof Word and Excel
- Experienceworking within an industrial/facilities maintenance department a plus