Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
MS-IL Staffing is searching for an experienced and dependable Facilities Maintenance Technician for a large client of ours in Lafayette, IN to start immediately – this is a long-term temp-to-hire opportunity!
- Shift: 2nd; Monday – Friday (Will be required to work some weekends).
- Pay: $15-16/hr., depending on experience
Job Summary: Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine facility maintenance tasks including but not limited to: carpentry, light electrical, plumbing, fire systems, basic mechanical. Other duties to be assigned as needed.
Essential Functions of Facilities Maintenance Technician
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet;
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools;
- Performs plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.);
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.);
- Re-configures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks;
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporator coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.);
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas;
- Order parts and maintain required documents;
- Performs other work related duties as assigned;
- Must be able to work flexible hours.