Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for a person with some Industrial Refrigeration experience for a large client of ours on the north west side of Indianapolis, IN to work a temp to hire position. This is a 6 pm to 6 am.
Job Summary: Refrigeration Technician
Under the supervision of the Facilities/Utilities Leader, the Refrigeration TECH IS responsible for the continuous improvement of mechanical equipment such as chillers, ammonia compressors, boilers, air compressors, generators, pumps, motors, decelerators; and provide utilities such as HVAC, steam, condensate, ammonia refrigeration, city water, hot and cold water, softened water, tower water, glycol, or power to the plant buildings and processes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Working with and participation in implementing PSM
- Provide technical guidance for Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting, & Repair of plant systems:
- Ammonia and HVAC systems and associated equipment
- Chillers, Cold water and Glycol
- Condensers and Water towers
- Evaporators and Heat exchangers
- Compressors, Maintenance and Controls
- Water & Steam Boilers systems and associated equipment:
- Boiler chemistry
- Boiler Temperatures and Pressures
- Softeners Chemical Test and adjustments
- Electrical and Gas systems and associated equipment
- Gas and Electric HVAC (RTUs)
- Electrical Switch gear
- Provide technical guidance on use of CMMS (SAP)
- Maintains and advises on the use and disposition of stock items, surplus items, and rental equipment.
- Promotes equipment standardization.
- Develops standards for major maintenance overhauls and outages..
- Responsible for analyzing equipment and operating data to ensure operation within design parameters.
- Represent the department in assuring facilities needs are met
- Receive additional training as needed to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Records data such as, temperatures of equipment, hours of operation, temperature and pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance.
- Completes all required paperwork on time
- 3-5 years of continual ammonia maintenance experience
- Willing to obtain and retain the following certifications within designated time-frame:
- Universal HVAC within 6 month
- 1-3 years of continual ammonia maintenance experience
- Universal HVAC Certification
- Boiler Operator Training
- PSM/RMP Training
- RAGAGEP training
- Experience working in a food processing or packaging environment
- Experience working in an automated machinery environment (with PLCs or MMIs)
- Experience work in a USDA, FDA, OSHA, or GMP compliant environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs
- Proficiency in SAP