Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Transportation Clerk for a large client of ours in Lafayette, IN to start as soon as possible!
- Position: Transportation Clerk
- Pay: $14-18/hour
- Location: Lafayette, IN
Job Functions: Transportation Clerk
- Communicate proactively and quickly to Planners, Customer Service Reps, and Drivers.
- Build relationships with Drivers to understand their expectations and preferences.
- Manage revenue and mileage goals for each Driver and the fleet as a whole.
- Counsel Drivers who are not meeting metric-driven goals and expectations.
- Directly influence the routes assigned to the Drivers for optimal success for the Driver and Company.
- Oversee MPG performance for each driver and fleet as a whole, while coaching Drivers who perform below MPG goals/expectations.
- Help Drivers experience good weeks and good weekends.
- Determine which Drivers may require termination based on poor performance.
- Update ETA’s accurately and timely.
- Update Total Mail accurately and timely.
- Alertly manage phone calls and phone messages
- Provide warnings to Customer Service Reps and Planners when a Driver is going to be late or if the Driver has been sitting too long (detention) at a location.
- Ensure the Driver is operating in a safe manner, at all times.
- Check in on all Drivers by 9 am.
- Regular and predictable attendance is a must in this role
Additional Job Duties: Transportation Clerk
- Focus on a positive start to each week (Monday mornings).
- Help the Driver understand our plan and look ahead for the Driver ensuring that he/she will have a strong and productive week.
- Sell the loads to the Drivers
- Ensure Driver’s acceptance of a load.
- Establish clear expectations for Drivers when they first begin the day.
- Counsel, mentor, and lead Drivers
- Update Expiration’s and Driver Statuses accurately and timely
- Help Safety and Maintenance Departments with safe equipment handling.
- Utilize Trip Alert to quickly evaluate “red flag” situations.
- Comply with company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations.
Experience and Education: Transportation Clerk
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurable industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation, Business, or any combination and experience, which would provide equivalent background strongly preferred but not required
- Knowledgeable of the Transportation, Operations, and/or Logistics industries
- Ability to resolve conflict and problems diplomatically
- Ability to handle criticism positively without emotion
- Knowledge of TMW Office Suite