Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced and dependable Shipping Clerk for a client of ours in Whitestown, IN to start immediately! This is a temp to hire opportunity with long-term growth potential.
- Position: Shipping Clerk
- Pay: $16-18/hr.
- Shift: 1st; M-F from 7 am to 430 pm
Essential Job Duties: Shipping Clerk
- Ensure all shipments receive the proper labeling and postal charges and are packaged to arrive safely
- Make sure all drivers are logged in correctly and have photo ID
- Keep management and supervisors aware of any variances to shipments in order to maintain accurate information
- Help ensure stock and merchandise is organized within the warehouse by properly boxing and storing goods in their designated location
- Practice customer service when interacting with other companies and clients and see to it all external parties receive a positive interaction with the company
- Accurately package, label and weigh items to be shipped and ensure proper shipment method and shipping charges
- Prepare detailed and accurate invoices to accompany shipments and ensure all items are packaged and shipped to company standards
- Communicate with variety of carriers making sure there are empty trailers always available to load and sending ASN’s (advanced shipping notices) via email as soon as the outbound trailers are billed.
- Documents lot check daily and maintains log, prioritizing FIFO on all inbound/outbound loads.
- Questions everything, making sure that the Shipping Supervisor is aware of all correspondence, invoices, labeling, logs etc. Must be a team player who works well with others.
- Customer service is extremely important as this role will be in direct contact with Subaru daily.
- Must perform all duties with excellence and accuracy.
- Responsible for daily entries in I Core.
Job Qualifications: Shipping Clerk
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of physicality for prolonged periods and working primarily sitting
- Experience with software such as Microsoft Excel and other company spreadsheet programs
- Interpersonal skills are essential, as working as a team is vital to maintaining an organized warehouse
- Experience using a forklift/PIT equipment and professional forklift certification is strongly preferred
- Ability to problem solve quickly and prioritize daily tasks according to their importance
- Personal accountability and integrity are paramount, as a shipping clerk is tasked with an accurate accounting of all inventory
- Relevant customer service experience is a plus as shipping clerks interact with customers to replace lost or damaged goods
Minimum Qualifications: Shipping Clerk
- Previous Shipping/Warehouse experience in a fast paced/high volume environment
- Knowledge of basic WMS functions and RF scanner experience
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Forklift experience
- Ability to work long hours including overtime during evenings and weekends
- Positive “Can-Do” approach
- Experience coaching and mentoring associates
- Some experience with 5S and Lean Principles strongly desired