Salary: $53,000.00 to $88,000.00 /year
Our Client is looking for a Project Engineer to assist the Project Manager, manage all aspects of a project(s) including the safety, quality, organization, planning, scheduling, subcontractor scheduling, and day-to-day issues, in a manner that results in completion of a project on time, on budget, and a quality that meets or exceeds our and the customer’s expectations.
- Plan and coordinate project start-up in conjunction with Project Managers, Operation Managers, and Superintendents
- Maintain contract drawing, shop drawing and submittal controls
- Verify accuracy and completeness of submittal against contract drawings and specifications
- Distribute copies of design drawings and documents to project management team and subcontractors
- Maintain logs for drawings, submittals, change estimates, and requests for information on Viewpoint
- Assist in project schedule maintenance
- Assist in material expediting
- Attend project meetings; prepare and distribute minutes according to standard format and follow-up on action items
- Prepare and maintain LEED reporting and/or documentation requirements of the LEED Action Plan (if applicable)
- Maintain and/or assist in documentation of quality assurance and quality control activities.
- Walk project site on daily basis to observe construction sequencing and means and methods used.
- Assist Project Manager in project close-out
- Coordinates and resolves engineering or construction problems with superintendents.
- Reviews design drawings, related vendor drawings and installation instructions and studies interference problems.
- Maintains records of costs and quantity information, evaluates data and prepares applicable reports as requested by project management utilizing established, standardized automation tools.
- Assists with cost estimates and reviews project design and engineering bills of materials to ensure their completeness.
- Assists with field change notices/requests, extra work orders and back charge notices
- Assists in coordination of vendor material deliveries, storage of materials, expediting and engineering reports related to the schedule
- Researches and resolves drawing interpretation problems, applicable codes, conflicts, interference, and errors
- Represent Company at all times with professionalism and a commitment to quality
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations to include health, safety, and welfare as appropriate
- Regular and reliable attendance at work
- Other duties as assigned by Company Management
The successful candidate possesses:
- Attention to detail
- High level of motivation and strong desire to learn
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet or beat deadlines
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of an organization
- Effective communication skills
- Basic working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Advanced knowledge of all general construction methods including but not limited to concrete, ironwork, masonry, etc.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Science, or other related field
- Minimum Experience – Entry Level (0 years)
- Maximum Experience – No maximum
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office work environment located at a jobsite with moderate noise; however, the employee may regularly be exposed to outside weather conditions and construction site hazards including but not limited to extreme heights, uneven surface, moving mechanical parts, etc.
- Due to varied conditions, workers must know the hazards and safety requirements of each job and must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company’s safety policies for every situation.
- Extended travel and/or temporary, periodic relocation may be necessary