Salary: $14.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is looking for an experienced Sanitation/CIP Operator(Clean-in-Place) candidate for a large food manufacturing client of ours on the south west side of Indianapolis, IN to start immediately! This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with company-paid insurance!
- Position: Sanitation/CIP Operator
- Shift: 1st 6 am to 230 pm; M-F (some Saturdays)
- Pay: $14/hr.
- Location: South West Indianapolis
The Sanitation/CIP Operator provides the foundation for safe quality food products by completing proper cleanup and sanitation tasks. This position is required to follow regulatory standards to ensure both products and processes are clean and sterile.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Sanitation/CIP Operator
- The Sanitation/CIP Operator will utilize the CIP (clean-in-place) system to clean and sanitize production equipment, tanks, and pipelines.
- Disassembly and reassembly of production pipes, pumps, and valve pipes and performs necessary cleaning, sanitizing, and reassembling of equipment.
- Operates and monitors CIP process; identifies issues and notifies management.
- Scrubs processing tanks and vats – assists with cleaning other areas of the facility.
- Clean all ingredient weigh containers/pails/scoops/totes/tools/screens/filters.
- Cleans dust, soil, oil, and grease from mixing equipment, machinery, overhead pipes, and conveyors.
- Cleans and maintains floors throughout production and warehouse areas.
- Operates industrial trucks and scissor lifts to complete necessary sanitation functions within plant.
- Ensure compliance to plant policies and Federal and State regulations including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Maintains continual communication with other team members including the immediate supervisor, quality control, maintenance, production scheduling, warehouse, etc. in order to keep the production line running efficiently.
- Adhere to quality and safety standards.
- Accurately record hours worked.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Qualifications: Sanitation/CIP Operator
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Related experience preferred but will train the right candidate.
- Must be detail oriented and quick learner.
- Ability to work within deadlines.
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team, with good cooperative skills.
- Previous manufacturing or warehouse work experience preferred.
- May require flexibility in scheduling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day with the ability to be mobile throughout required work areas. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Sanitation/CIP Operator
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be expected to work inside a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to changing temperatures (hot, cold, humid), moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; vibration levels are moderate.