Salary: $23.75 to $29.75 /hour
This is a n immediate Temp-to-Hire opportunity with a valued client of Pro Talent Group
- Position: Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
- Shift/Schedule 2nd (3/4 days per week) – 6 pm to 6 am
- Pay: $23.50 – $29.50 / hr.
Summary: Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
Under the supervision of the Plant Maintenance Supervisor or Manager, the Ammonia Refrigeration Technician is responsible for the Operation and Maintenance of all plant Utilities equipment. This includes boilers, air and ammonia compressors, condensers, steam control systems, and fire suppression. This may also include support of buildings and grounds work such as lighting, plumbing, and equipment relocation.
Job Responsibilities: Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
- Safety – demonstrated behaviors in support of company safety procedures with focus on zero injuries;
- Follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s);
- Working with and participation in implementing PSM;
- Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting, & Repair of plant systems;
- Identify and resolve repetitive mechanical failures to include modification and design of failed parts. Recommendation of improvements both electrical and mechanical either by new part sourcing or design;
- Actively support the facility Performance System (CPS) continuous improvement activities;
- Experience in a High Performance Work Systems; 5’s, working in teams, problem solving, six sigma;
- Receive additional training as needed to perform duties and responsibilities;
- Promptly at the start of the shift review the work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled and prepare for operations;
- Records data such as, temperatures of equipment, hours of operation, temperature and pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance.
- Completes all required paperwork on time.
- Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shutdown equipment.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication.
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearings, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges, and cleaning or replacing burners or other components, using hand tools or power tools.
Qualifications: Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
- 2-3 years of continual ammonia maintenance experience;
- Technical degree in related field, or at least one of the following preferred:
- RETA CARO Certification;
- RETA CIRO Certification;
- Universal HVAC Certification;
- Boiler Operator License; * Experience working in a food processing or packaging environment;
- Experience working in an automated machinery environment (with PLCs or MMIs);
- Experience work in a USDA, FDA, OSHA, or GMP compliant environment;
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs;
- Proficiency in SAP.