Salary: $14.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for experienced and dependable Mixer Operator candidates for a large food/beverage company on the south west side of Indianapolis to start immediately. This is a temp to hire opportunity with strong benefits offered after 90 days!
- Position:Mixer Operator
- Shift:2nd, 2 pm to 11 pm Monday-Friday (some Saturdays when production is high); Will need to train on 1st shift.
- Location:South West side of Indianapolis, IN
Job Purpose: Mixer Operator
The Mixer Operator is responsible for operating all equipment used in the production of finished goods and in accordance with process and quality standards so as to meet production schedules assigned. Will be at times carrying heavy tubs around from one area to the next to start the production process.
Job Responsibilities: Mixer Operator
- The Mixer Operator is responsible for operating equipment used in preparation, extracting/mixing, and finishing product. Equipment includes but not limited to mixers, depositor, extractors, conveyors, etc.
- May monitor quality for make up as to proper size, surface defects, rolling and general shape and ensure line speeds and strokes per minute are maintained as per schedule.
- Use of raw materials in proper rotation (oldest first).
- Must be able to train fellow associates in regards to the relief position.
- Assist supervision in proactively identifying problems and providing solutions.
- Recognize and report any signs of product tampering.
- Maintain cleanliness on line and 5S standards. Equipment and work areas must be kept organized, clean, and sanitary throughout the shift. End of shift requires removal of any waste and garbage generated during the shift. Ensure proper care of equipment.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person. Report any injury or accident immediately to supervisory and/or any unsafe condition.
- Supports food safety, quality, and legality.
- Support, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, and preventative maintenance programs.
- Support and comply with all plant GMP’s.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills/Work Experience: Mixer Operator
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with computers, databases, and different machines or programs
- Mixer Operator must be able to lift up to 50-70 lbs. throughout the day, as needed.
- Previous experience in food/beverage manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to walk or stand for large percentage of working shift.
Education: Mixer Operator
- High school diploma or equivalent required.