Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced Material Planner for a large client of ours on the north west side of Indianapolis to start as soon as possible. This is a temp-to-hire position with strong benefits!
- Position: Material Planner
- Schedule: Monday – Friday from 8 am – 5 pm
- Pay: Starting at $ 23-25 / hour
Material Planner: Job Summary
Responsible for inventory management for assigned parts and processes required to ensure material input to support customer requirements while financial inventory objectives are accomplished. Work on problems with diverse scope where analysis of situations or data require a review of identifiable factors.
Material Planner: Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate and execute scheduling activities for assigned parts using ERP systems;
- Act as a focal point and monitor assigned areas to ensure material delivery dates meet production needs;
- Identify and coordinate advance notice, input and resolution of material shortages/overages;
- Coordinate the disposition of obsolete, non-conforming, and excess materials;
- Analyze data and collaborate with internal customers to determine and apply appropriate ordering, inventory, and replenishment policies;
- Anticipate potential problems and risks, and generate ideas, insight, and solutions to resolve or “head off” potential problems, followed by decisive action to implement solutions;
- Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels, and reduce total costs in order to support lean manufacturing activities;
- Demonstrate effective collaboration skills by open communication and sharing of pertinent business information to all departments;
- Represent the Company successfully and exercises flexibility in communication with internal and external customers.;
- Assist the Purchasing Manager during customer contract development to ensure new supply agreements are implemented and executed effectively, efficiently, and in accordance with Company policies and procedures;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Material Planner: Job Requirements
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in supply chain management and/or engineering and at least 5-8 years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a lean manufacturing environment;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office and ability to learn new software/programs as opportunities or department needs arise. Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment a plus;
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret mechanical drawings to effectively communicate the designs or discrepancies from shipments to supplier should questions arise;
- Knowledge of materials management theories, processes, and practices;
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication skills with team, internal customers, and suppliers that includes a strong focus on teamwork and internal/external customer satisfaction;
- Exhibit & encourage sense of urgency;
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and superior follow-up and follow-through skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and primary responsibilities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, colleagues, suppliers, and customers;
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and negotiation skills;
- Highly energetic and success driven.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour
Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of ERP experience do you have?
- How many years of Inventory Control experience do you have?
- How many years of Manufacturing Planning experience do you have?
- How many years of Material Planning experience do you have?
- How many years of SAP experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you able to work in Indianapolis, IN?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Which shifts are you available to work?