Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
Pro Talent Group is searching for an experienced and dependable Machine Operator for a client of ours in Frankfort, IN to start immediately! This is a temp-to-hire opportunity on either 2nd or 3rd shift.
• Position: Machine Operator
• Shift: 2nd or 3rd
• Pay: $17-20/hr. depending on experience
• Location: Frankfort, IN
Position Summary: Machine Operator*
Machine Operator is responsible for setting up a variety of products on several different size and types of boltmaker machines. Accountable for safely meeting daily production goals, quality requirements, and performing preventative maintenance.
Position Responsibilities: Machine Operator
• Responsible for meeting daily production and quality goals.
• Utilize critical measurement devices, such as: micrometers, calipers, optical comparator, and a variety of attribute gauges.
• Use a Bill of Material (BOM) to identify proper tooling sequence.
• Set up an operation of each aspect of the machine (i.e., wire draw, header, pointer, roll section, tracks and conveyors).
• Accountable for performing preventative maintenance on machines.
• Secure raw material when required.
• Learn to operate and become proficient on different types of boltmaking machinery (i.e.,
Sacma, National, Formax, and Nedschroef).
• Ensure safety standards are always adhered to.
• Commitment to Company core values: Teamwork, Responsibility, and Trust.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications-Education/Experience: Machine Operator
• High school diploma or GED.
• Successfully complete entry level training which will include 40 hours of classroom instruction and up to 180 days job shadowing with a senior operator.
• Strong attention to detail as well as troubleshooting ability.
• Good math skills; able to interpret metric and standard dimensions.
• Must be able to retain and apply technical information from machine manuals.
• Multi-tasking ability.
• Identify and use several different hand tools.
• Must be able to lift and/or maneuver up to 50+ pounds.
• Ability to stand for 8+ hours and endure frequent climbing, twisting, and turning.
• Must be flexible to work OT, including weekends and holidays.
• Previous boltmaking operations preferred.
• Experience with operating progressive presses a plus.
• Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment helpful.
• Strong mechanical ability preferred.
• Ability to Read and understand blueprints preferred